• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone feeling unwell?

• I am as healthy as ever

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • I am unwell with suspected covid 19

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have had it and recovered

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • A member of my family has had it or is currently unwell

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I know someone who has died from it

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

heard it's quite rare to get any cold-like symptoms with it but you never know.
there are three diffrant symptoms
Cold, sore throats coughing. And least of all death.at the moment I have snotty noise a slite sore throat. A bit tiredness. But my body's trying to resist it. so I will need my medisson at 6.o'clock call teachers best.

Last edited:
No problems here, thankfully.:)

I'm presently carrying-out an EICR in a rather large factory, and am fortunate to be able to carry-on regardless as we (my apprentice and I) are working between 4:30 and 11:30 pm during which time the factory is deserted.

No problems here as well, but in self isolation as the daughter had a temp and sore throat.
She is doing great and has been running around the house. No one else has has any symptoms. This is our second week. Ends Sunday.
I'm working from home. Missus is back to work on Monday (Essential worker)
Hope everyone else is going great and if they get it they recover quickly.

I still have a bit of a chesty feeling from recent cold. My nose is always bunged up following a partially successful nose op following a rugby injury.
Otherwise feel fine
A bit similar, I suppose. Nose knackered from various breaks and smacks...rugby. Cricket ball (top edge whilst batting) was the worst, before helmets. Bunged up and sometimes sinus trouble breathing at night.
Had two knee replacements in the last 15 months. I would have been in the mire if I'd put them off and left them 'til now!!
Generally feeling fine.

Last edited:
A bit similar, I suppose. Nose knackered from various breaks and smacks...rugby. Cricket ball (top edge whilst batting) was the worst, before helmets. Bunged up and sometimes sinus trouble breathing at night.
Had two knee replacements in the last 15 months. I would have been in the mire if I hadn't had them done in time!!
Tell me about it I’m waiting for a nose op and a knee op....both have now been cancelled.....although last week I had an op to remove some scar tissues on my inner upper lip and the surgeon unknowingly put a stitch through an artery......a week later I woke up at 2 in the morning with the bed and room covered in blood....had another emergency op in A&E to stop the bleeding....I’ll give hospitals a miss for a while thanks ?

Tell me about it I’m waiting for a nose op and a knee op....both have now been cancelled.....although last week I had an op to remove some scar tissues on my inner upper lip and the surgeon unknowingly put a stitch through an artery......a week later I woke up at 2 in the morning with the bed and room covered in blood....had another emergency op in A&E to stop the bleeding....I’ll give hospitals a miss for a while thanks ?
Don't blame you …. Hope we all do.

It seems there is still some confusion,

the main symptoms to look out for are a high temperature on the chest or back and/or a new continuous cough (a cough which lasts over an hour or 3+ coughing episodes in 24 hours)

A lot of people have very mild symptoms, much like the flu or a cold, and the exact symptoms can vary between people.

The severity in a normal, healthy, person will be governed by the viral load, this means basically howuch of the virus they get in their system.
I'm far from an expert but my understanding of this is as follows:
If one unit of the virus gets in to your system it will begin to multiply and your body will begin to work out how to fight it, after a period of time your body will work out how to kill it and proceed to do so.
By the time your body has worked out how to kill it that one unit of virus may have multiplied to 100 units.
However if you start with 10 units in your body then by the time your body has worked out to kill it there are 1000 units in your body and you are far, far more ill.

It is not the case that once you have caught the virus you have it and that is it, every time you pick up another dose from another infected person it increases your viral load.
This is why if you catch it you need to keep away from people, even other people who have caught it.

I have a daily morning runny nose, but always clears by mid morning.
I get regular sore throats, but that’s an ongoing thing.
If I get something I’m not expecting, or really feel unwell, then I’ll worry.

A lot of people have very mild symptoms, much like the flu or a cold, and the exact symptoms can vary between people.
And I read yesterday that 1 in 3 people that have tested positive for the virus, have not reported any symptoms whatsoever !

From what I hear, have read and decyphered... an enormous number of people already have the virus or have had it and recovered, the vast majority of which having mild symptoms or none at all.

And I read yesterday that 1 in 3 people that have tested positive for the virus, have not reported any symptoms whatsoever !

From what I hear, have read and decyphered... an enormous number of people already have the virus or have had it and recovered, the vast majority of which having mild symptoms or none at all.

The problem with things like that is they are estimates, or plain guesses, it is highly likely that a lot of people have had it without symptoms, but they don't get tested or recorded in statistics so the figures are educated guesses.

All good here thanks. The better half has just finished a bank of 3 nights at the hospital and ain’t back in until Sunday so a nice bit of rest for her.

lots of new cases arriving there every day and all the staff are naturally worried about it.

That 'cold' might very well have been the virus... some people have had very mild symptoms, many of which are remarkably like a cold.
We’ve both had scratchy throat and unwell feeling etc but so mild it could’ve been any regular virus. I’m keen to get the antibody test when they start selling it :)

i am fine know not sure if i had it earlier in the year had raging flu like symptoms high temperature and really bad dry cough it knocked me off my feet for about a week went away then came back with a vengance about a week later this was mid january long before it was suppose to be in the country , i am fine know and have been since early feb

i am fine know not sure if i had it earlier in the year had raging flu like symptoms high temperature and really bad dry cough it knocked me off my feet for about a week went away then came back with a vengance about a week later this was mid january long before it was suppose to be in the country , i am fine know and have been since early feb
Me and a couple of the guys I work with had the same back in Dec/Jan. I really felt terrible. Feel fine now though.

Me and a couple of the guys I work with had the same back in Dec/Jan. I really felt terrible. Feel fine now though.

There was definitely a nasty one going round earlier. I had it before and after last Christmas and into new year. I was right for about 4 days then got it back again so more than three weeks ill in total. Initially had about 5 feverish nights with soaked bed, was a right walloper that gave me a respiratory tract infection. The missus suffered badly with it too but the kids had milder symptoms.

Contracted too early to be be covid-19 though according to the available info.

Just been reading an article from Oxford university and there saying COVID 19 could have been in the uk from mid December
Interesting, although if that was the case it would surely have escalated quicker and earlier ? Unless it was just unnoticed ?

seemingly it was unnoticed most cases were just put down to a bad case of flu/cold nothing more and i suppose a lot of the people just got on with it
It's not until the press get hold of things that they get noticed. There's never any fuss over the average 600 UK deaths a year due to normal flu as it doesn't sell.

Reply to Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back