• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyone feeling unwell?

• I am as healthy as ever

Votes: 51 85.0%
  • I am unwell with suspected covid 19

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have had it and recovered

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • A member of my family has had it or is currently unwell

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I know someone who has died from it

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It's not until the press get hold of things that they get noticed. There's never any fuss over the average 600 UK deaths a year due to normal flu as it doesn't sell.
How does that compare with a thousand deaths in a fortnight, though? Or over 200 in the last 24 hours and escalating?
The vast majority are dying whilst hospitalised and how many will be in a fortnight?

Last edited:
We’ve both had scratchy throat and unwell feeling etc but so mild it could’ve been any regular virus. I’m keen to get the antibody test when they start selling it :)
[/QUOT
How does that compare with a thousand deaths in a fortnight, though? Or over 200 in the last 24 hours and escalating?
The vast majority are dying whilst hospitalised and how many will be in a fortnight?
I read yesterday that if the total number of deaths after all this is over is <20,000 then it'll be considered a good result. That's 20,000 out of 75,000,000 people... that's 0.027% which is tiny. The usual death rate is about 500,000 per year to put that into some sort of perspective.

The issue that we have is more to do with not over-whelming the NHS...

I read yesterday that if the total number of deaths after all this is over is <20,000 then it'll be considered a good result. That's 20,000 out of 75,000,000 people... that's 0.027% which is tiny. The usual death rate is about 500,000 per year to put that into some sort of perspective.

The issue that we have is more to do with not over-whelming the NHS...

Don't think you would be saying that, if you are one of those 20,000?

As been said before, apparently the mortality rate of COViD-19 is much worse than flu etc. Much more is known about seasonal flu, and they keep telling me to have a flu jab. Nothing much is known about COViD-19, nor is there at the moment any vaccine.

Don't think you would be saying that, if you are one of those 20,000?

As been said before, apparently the mortality rate of COViD-19 is much worse than flu etc. Much more is known about seasonal flu, and they keep telling me to have a flu jab. Nothing much is known about COViD-19, nor is there at the moment any vaccine.
…..and think of the measures taken to keep it to 20k.
Just look at northern Italy, NY's looking a bit frightening and god help the Africans if it takes hold.
I agree, it's stupid reading front page headlines like 'killer virus' when a small percentage of people actually die...…but 40 odd doctors dying in Spain, as a result, is a bit worrying to say the least.

Last edited:
Sadly as this all ramps up and escalates most of us are likely to be ticking that last box on the poll.

In my town a well known and popular woman in her 70's passed away with the virus in her system, RIP Eileen.

Yep,keeping mindful of the risks and safeguards,we still have to keep positive and attempt bits of normality...

I have Takeuchi excavator to repair...so i have got the owner to leave it in the corner of his field for a week...to "sterilise" it...i will shortly be a lonely figure,head down,rrrs up,beavering away :)

It is with sadness that I report my science teacher has been taken from us.

With this saddess of old colleges and friends and family members passed away with this traiffic thing from china they have got to answer for. They tried to contain it is the plague over again. Most like sars China, made in China.

Personally I'm hating lockdown. Initially I thought it'd be ok, I set myself up a workbench in the conservatory so I could arse about doing rigs and wiring but I'm hardly getting a bloody thing done as the trio of trouble just do not sod off, even in the afternoon nap they'll only do an hour and that just flies, of course it's not helping that the daily routine is completely to cock to the point of nonexistent.

We're bedding down by 2/3am if the trio stay asleep (having gone down 2hrs prior, if we're lucky) but getting up before 11-12 is stupidly impossible

Would agree, routine is out of the window, especially with the kids. I've just hung the washing out...at nearly 3AM. I bet it rains now.

Sod the routine. It’s time to have fun with kids and NOT force them into regimented times.
I was lieing in til 11, but I started getting up early, and taking the dog out for a longer walk than usual if I was getting up for work.

I seem to be getting healthier... exercising more and not being tempted every time I drive by a macD or a bakers

hope I can keep it up

... I was lieing in til 11, but I started getting up early, and taking the dog out for a longer walk than usual if I was getting up for work. I seem to be getting healthier... exercising more and not being tempted every time I drive by a macD or a bakers ... hope I can keep it up

Good for you !
I’m trying this too. Since Cat doesn’t need much walking I bought a rower, but I notice that I’m already slacking off and Wifey is relentlessly perfecting her cake baking skills.
Covid-19 How are we doing? F53728CF-D41B-463C-8F23-4D0D023584A7 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
I've started to do the exercises at 9am with 'PE with Joe' at 9am. I need to do something to keep me moving once a day.
Also playing lots of Minecraft, making a slime farm and digging out 4 chunks down to bedrock.
The kids have just got 'Just Dance 2019' on the PS4 so they are dancing in the living room with thier phones in their hands. It uses their phones to track their moves.

Reply to Covid-19 How are we doing? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back