Discuss Cu change quotes, think I’m too cheap in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Welchyboy1

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve seen 3 or 4 quotes for cu changes in the last few month from other electrical firms

some on here and some during my working week

In general, for a standard 10way dual board seems around £500-550 (mostly plus vat too)

im only charging £375(No vat) for a 10 way, about £400 for a 16 way

in Essex

am I a bit behind?

I'd say you definitely have scope to up those prices. I was at £450 for a 10 way up norf (West Yorks) in 2016.

Confidence in your pricing comes down to knowing, AND being able to convey, the value that you're offering.

If you tot up the cost in all of mats, then the labour i.e. testing beforehand and doing the work it must be £5oo minimum up to £6oo. Especially with decent board/rcbos. Any less and you are just not earning enough to cover everything.

dual RCD board, £80. 1 day install including testing (but no fault tracing or rectification) £250. that's £330 all in ..upgrading earthing and bonding if required possible £150 extra.

Rcbo board , new tails , nice neat job , all paperwork

£850

in Cheshire, the only ones who'd pay that sort of money would be premier league ball kickers.

i got a quote yesterday to replace 4 fence panels , £1500

I instantly queried the price and asked the company of they were busy at them prices he said booked to to March.

I quickly worked out the materials to do my job and using wickes I can get everything for £260.

that’s a he’ll of a margin they left for Labour / profit

south / Surrey prices for everything seem to have gone through the roof in recent years

i got a quote yesterday to replace 4 fence panels , £1500

I instantly queried the price and asked the company of they were busy at them prices he said booked to to March.

I quickly worked out the materials to do my job and using wickes I can get everything for £260.

that’s a he’ll of a margin they left for Labour / profit

south / Surrey prices for everything seem to have gone through the roof in recent years
shouldn't be so lazy. DIY 4 fence panels in an hour or so. might even fit them right way up.

shouldn't be so lazy. DIY 4 fence panels in an hour or so. might even fit them right way up.

i am going to do it myself , I was curious to see if I could get it done for a couple hundred quid to save me the hassle.
but at £1500 quoted put that to bed and I will DIY it.
makes you wonder thou if these guys are genuinely busy at them prices what their profit is like. Must be making nearly a grand a day...

Rcbo board , new tails , nice neat job , all paperwork

£850
wow, do you win many of those? I would struggle getting many of my customers to go for that!

The only time I usually win(or quote) for a full RCBO board would be if its a small place with only enough room to fit a 5 or 6 way CU

I used to give the option and they are generally up for the rcbo choice until they see the price, they are however(RCBO's) reducing in price alot lately and i suspect it wont be long before they become a standard configuration rather than the dual rcd set up favoured now, especially with the requirements on fitting differing types of RCD/RCBO device now

wow, do you win many of those? I would struggle getting many of my customers to go for that!

The only time I usually win(or quote) for a full RCBO board would be if its a small place with only enough room to fit a 5 or 6 way CU

I used to give the option and they are generally up for the rcbo choice until they see the price, they are however(RCBO's) reducing in price alot lately and i suspect it wont be long before they become a standard configuration rather than the dual rcd set up favoured now, especially with the requirements on fitting differing types of RCD/RCBO device now

I haven’t fitted a dual split board in over 3 years , always quote for an rcbo board and probably about 50% of quotes turn into paid jobs.
I wouldn’t fit a dual board in my own house so why would I fit one in a customer house...

I wouldn’t fit a dual board in my own house so why would I fit one in a customer house...
I agree 100% technically, RCBOs are the best way.

But sometimes you have to be flexible depending on who your customers are, and if you can afford for them to go elsewhere.

(Just to say I don't do that commercially so speaking as an observer here)

I haven’t fitted a dual split board in over 3 years , always quote for an rcbo board and probably about 50% of quotes turn into paid jobs.
We are the same. No split load boards for 5+ years. Mainly Hager stuff and similar prices to you. Never had a quote turned down yet.

99% of board changes I do range between £800-1000

if they want it done rushed & cheap I’m not the guy anymore

i dont do many these days so not really fussed how many I win

back in my 20s I would do 4 on a weekend at £300 a pop but that was no cert , no part pee no scam membership

Reply to Cu change quotes, think I’m too cheap in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock