Discuss Daily Express never heard of Napit,Stroma,Elecsa. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

every dog and owner will be at the big orange house this weekend
thinking I can do this electrical stuff .its a piece of p88s, sod it .who needs to be a spark ,until the wheels fall off .

Last edited:
I pay £546 per year for my niceic registration.

Pleased I'm getting my money's worth on awareness.

I could pay less with another scheme, but nic are doing a good job at pushing my scheme above others.

Maybe other schemes could spend a bit more on awareness, but they would have to put there fees up to pay for this.

I would not embarress my company name by putting anything other that the NICEIC with it. Not that I have any respect for the NICEIC but I know non-electrical people do.

every dog and owner will be at the big orange house this weekend
thinking I can do this electrical stuff .its a piece of p88s sod it ,who needs to be a spark ,until the wheels fall off .
Once you could only buy a limited line of electrical bits at a DIY centre now you can get more or less everything to rewire the home.

Beat me to that one.
We've been with NIC for about 30 years and it took some doing to become a member. A bit different today. Then it did give you a chance of work, local authority and schools, mostly.
When it comes to loyalty...never any bonus for it. They've told me I'm still going to have to do a 3 day course for the 18th.
The last bloke who came for the yearly inspection was probably sucking on a dummy when I had my first.

Said the same to me. I told them where to go and booked the one day course.

Same exam.

We've been with NIC for about 30 years and it took some doing to become a member. A bit different today. Then it did give you a chance of work, local authority and schools, mostly.
This is how I used to know the NICEIC Approved Contractor Scheme.

The NICEIC are still the most well known. I can see why people go with them.
However I do believe people are more aware of other schemes now especially as the lesser known schemes grow in numbers.

For the umpteenth time I say that for domestic working mainly for householders,the scheme is irrelevant;)

Commercial or industrial installation Nicy rules the roost
They always have and likely always will
It would be essential to help generate opportunities in the sectors that the others have no hope of competing

Daily Express never heard of Napit,Stroma,Elecsa.....mmm
NICEIC ......a bigger marketing budget per chance ?

As for someone mentioning the 3 day NICEIC 18th course....just do a remote learning one for way less , save money save time.

Reply to Daily Express never heard of Napit,Stroma,Elecsa. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock