Currently reading:
Day from hell!

Discuss Day from hell! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I still have them days sometimes, I've just learnt not to let it get the better of me. Best to rest and go back with a clear head

that’s what I need get better at, always dwell on it!
[automerge]1598645014[/automerge]
Many. Sounds like you’ll learn something from it though. You tend to learn more and quicker when things don’t go to plan.

definitely, the stuff that’s went wrong sticks in your head more. When you first pass your test you’re constantly throwing yourself into new territory

Seems that no one else is going to ask, so I'll do it..

What was the slight wee problem that snowballed?

changing 2 outside lights over, couldn’t get one to come on. Couldn’t get one to work right, eventually got it. Then went to change a socket over, was an old socket and the back box snapped, couldn’t find a replacement one in van so had to use a metal back box with the plastic socket face. Ended up taking about 2 hours for the whole job

changing 2 outside lights over, couldn’t get one to come on. Couldn’t get one to work right, eventually got it. Then went to change a socket over, was an old socket and the back box snapped, couldn’t find a replacement one in van so had to use a metal back box with the plastic socket face. Ended up taking about 2 hours for the whole job

I'm going to guess the first issue was trivial, but you couldn't see the problem as you were looking for something more complex?

did any of yous ever have days just after you’ve qualified when your doing a simple job but you encounter a slight wee problem and it just snow balls and you’re close to giving up after it’s done lol! Had one a those days
Anyone who says they've never had one is lying or has never done the job.

It's usually the simple ones that get you because you haven't thought about them in advance and planned like you do with the more complicated ones.

Also when you have a smaller van the part you didn't expect to need is always the one you took out a few days ago while 'tidying' the van...

Last edited:

Reply to Day from hell! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back