Discuss DB installed connected & tested in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yea,the problem is that the 63 amp breaker supplies a Loxone lighting panel,Rcbos in that Panel serves lighting .
So that was the purpose for the 100 ma td Rcd,discrimination for the other rcbos.

I thought it was time delayed ? How will this meet disconnection times ?
Bear with me as I have nothing to do with TT systems and probably lack a lot of knowledge in this area.
Hi - TT disconnection times for a distribution circuit is up to 1 second from Reg 411.3.2.4 :)

This came with the rcb’os,providing a upfront Rcd is used,it’s ok-ish,I realise discriminating may not be ideal,but what else can you do,on a TT system.

491382E2-7CEE-4D2D-B27D-441EBF1028E6.jpeg

This came with the rcb’os,providing a upfront Rcd is used,it’s ok-ish,I realise discriminating may not be ideal,but what else can you do,on a TT system.
Trouble is unless they are double pole rcbos then you have provided no discrimination.....
yea,your talking about the N/E faults that may happen,discrimination will occur when there’s a L/E fault.
Who on earth uses double pole rcbo’s,.

But N/E faults are mighty common? Meaning that one ANYWHERE on that install will cause the upfront to trip loosing the entire installation.

imo that doesnt comply with the regs so either DP rcbos or an alternative design should have been considered.

Also imo on TT with a full rcbo board the 100ma S is not required upfront so youd actually be better off swapping that mcb for an rcbo and the upfronter to a main switch...

Last edited:
Ok,but then neutral to earth faults will not be disconnected at all,they will remain,unless DP rcbo’s are used.
The reasoning for the time delay is,discrimination for the lighting panel,which have its own rcbo’s.

Reply to DB installed connected & tested in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net