Discuss "decent" generic Fuse Board circuit labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

I can be a bit OCD when it comes to labeling up changes and/or replacement fuseboards - and the labels supplied never seem to have what I need

Can anyone suggest suppliers of labels?

Thanks

I got one of those labellers, mines a Dymo. I use the accompanying software to make up CU circuit labels on my laptop.

All I would say, is the label cartridges can prove expensive, and you have to be creative with circuit nomenclature, to fit the text inside a typical device width (mcb etc), without making the text is too small to read.

That said, they're a much more precise professional finish, than the hand written or generic manufacturers efforts.

We were shown the 550 at ELEX - very difficult not to buy one there and then.
It may take a little time to input and get what you want it to portray but the final strip in place across your breakers was very impressive.
I was under the impression that it was just a 12 or possible 18mm tape so some money BUT it will last quite a few applications.
I agree that the generic labels are poop!

I was under the impression that it was just a 12 or possible 18mm tape so some money BUT it will last quite a few applications.
I agree that the generic labels are poop!

I use a 24mm tape (height) for circuit labels. Guess all the labellers have that

Wherever possible I type up a circuit list, print it and fix it to wall in a frame next to the CU.
Yes it terribly old fashioned but I can list exactly which rooms each circuit covers if it’s not as simple as ‘Sockets-first floor’ etc

Excellent idea for commercial etc. For domestic I fear that picture frame destined for a Sunday car boot sale.

Boring bas**rd here...
Brother labels on every cable, every 5m, and a laminated page with full description affixed to CU/DB...and, saddo that I am, each socket/fcu/outlet labelled with breaker number...
I really need a holiday!

Never mind, I did a plumbing job today for a friend, where I was called in to fit a shower enclosure because the tiles used were incredibly hard...and I mean they were impossibly hard! I bought a £30 diamond drill bit, and each hole took 20 minutes...
Wife said "Well, did you manage to drill Anne's holes?"
I let that one go...

But no, I was too busy fitting the shower!

Picking up an old thread here. One for the silver tops please.
When you are doing a board swap and faced with a snake's nest of twisted and age hardened cables - how are you identifying them before ripping out the whole sorry mess?

I've tried wrapping normal sticky labels around the lives and pairing up the rings but always seen to end up with something amiss. In addition, I'm not sure adding anything to the inside of a CCU is a good idea WRT fire risk.

Your experience would be appreciated.

Picking up an old thread here. One for the silver tops please.
When you are doing a board swap and faced with a snake's nest of twisted and age hardened cables - how are you identifying them before ripping out the whole sorry mess?

I've tried wrapping normal sticky labels around the lives and pairing up the rings but always seen to end up with something amiss. In addition, I'm not sure adding anything to the inside of a CCU is a good idea WRT fire risk.

Your experience would be appreciated.
Sharpie

I typically just 'label' the cables using a Sharpie, very often with just a number of rings corresponding with the old circuit list. If there is enough sheath label, label that.

As for things inside the CU, I usually stick a label with the torque settings on in there, label the bonding/earthing conductors and maybe anything else that is not clear, and then pair any rings using coloured tape with a Sharpie band to indicate one of the legs.

Reply to "decent" generic Fuse Board circuit labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net