Discuss Design Current in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hossamozi

hi all
I want to ask you How can I calculate the design current of the motors such as Air conditioning ,
washing machine ,dishwasher? and what the rating of Each?

hi all
I want to ask you How can I calculate the design current of the motors such as Air conditioning ,
washing machine ,dishwasher? and what the rating of Each?

hi there
with air conditioning you have to be carefull as the heat pump side tends to be more than the cooling on some types of condensing units.

but these days design of AC units has come along way most run ona 13 amp supply but for bigger units check with the manufacturer

rest as name plate allow for a higher start up current c type mcbs

cheers

hi there
with air conditioning you have to be carefull as the heat pump side tends to be more than the cooling on some types of condensing units.

but these days design of AC units has come along way most run ona 13 amp supply but for bigger units check with the manufacturer

rest as name plate allow for a higher start up current c type mcbs

cheers
can you give me formule to apply it to calculate the design current of it for example if we have 1.5 hp AC how can i calculate the design current?
please give me an example

1HP = 750W (or thereabouts)

On single phase it's easy peasy lemon squeezy to calculate current drawn ( I = P/V)
Three phase is a bit trickier, try this The 3 Phase Power Resource Site - Three Phase Power Solutions

Proper motors generally have the FLMC (Full Load Motor Current) on the Rating Plate. This is the current drawn at full power (not start-up!)

Size yr CB for FLMC (Type C or D are common options to handle Inrush or Startup Currents).

Size Overload Relays (if fitted) as per manufacturers charts (each manufacturer should publish Heater Characteristics to enable proper choice)

Reply to Design Current in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock