Discuss Dimmer switches and LED Bulbs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I just wanted to check something. I have 3 x 4W LED light bulbs on a 400W dimmer switch. I’ve read all this stuff about making sure the dimmer Wattage is right for the LED bulbs but it doesn’t say anything about the dimmer Watts being to high? Would this affect the Bulbs?

They worked fine for a few days, but now I've noticed that the bulbs max brightness has decreased?

Any advise would be greatly anticipated

Thanks

Is the 400W maximum for LED load? Many dimmers will reference the incandescent load it can handle. This in retrospect will lead to a lower maximum load for LED's and that's only if the dimmer is suitable to work with LED's. Do you know the make and the model of the dimmer?

Thanks for the response gents,

The max and min load for the dimmer is 50W - 5W for LED which I’m well within at only 12W.
The dimmer is a British General 1-Gang 2-Way 400W push dimmer switch from Screwfix.
I’m starting to wonder weather it’s a fault with the LED bulbs themselves.

Reply to Dimmer switches and LED Bulbs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The G4 110V 3W dimmable bulbs I purchased work with a dimmer. I can brighten them and dim them, but when I turn the dimmer off, the LED bulbs...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Sure this has been answered before, can’t find a specific answer though. My house was rewired in 2021 and as part of the rewire I had LED lights...
Replies
Views
Hi, I currently have 4 JCC LED down lights in my bathroom with a 2 gang dimmer on the outside. The first dimmer switch controls the LEDs and...
Replies
Views
I've read lots of conflicting information on the internet about dimmable LED lightbulbs. Some people have said that even if a supplier claims that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock