Search the forum,

Discuss DIY Forum in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

There's lots of scary things about the UK industry and I doubt none of them will ever get fixed on this forum, if at all...

I'm just glad i won't be around to see any of it!! It's you're industry now, i suggest you all look after it or you'll soon become persona non grata, (or whatever it is) and treated as such, by employers and customs alike!!

DIY has been around as long as the women who nag their husbands into doing it....ie for centuries. It's not going away an the internet will be the place most head for when they need advice. They're just trying to improve their lot and with some good advice they shouldn't be harming anyone and there's been numerous over the years who've used other forum members who've tried to help them to actually do the work for them.

I've posted help elsewhere and more than a few have decided once they have gotten help....to get a spark in as they frequently take off faceplates and go "oh" or realise doing xyz means crawling under floors or through lofts etc......

I've posted help elsewhere and more than a few have decided once they have gotten help....to get a spark in as they frequently take off faceplates and go "oh" or realise doing xyz means crawling under floors or through lofts etc......

I think that that is the important point. DON'T give step by step instructions if it's more than a simple job, but recommend professional help.

Other option is just to bombard them with information....the more the better...technical terms also help weed out the potentially capable (i.e. those with the brains to go and do the research into anything they don't understand and ask salient questions) and those who don't have a clue and who shouldn't be trusted to turn on the kettle....

One question: How many people in the UK have ever been sued for advice given on a forum?

I think the likelihood of a successful argument in court is tenuous at best....
And what do you think is the likelihood of someone coming back on the forum and saying horrible things to someone who has given up their time to offer them free advice?

Reply to DIY Forum in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back