Discuss does check a trade work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

davetherave1979

Hi guys am thinking about becoming check a trade member its about £600 is any one on hear a member and do you get more work from it, as work is the worst I have seen it in 12years hoping if we join it will bring in more work.

As far as I know, you need recommendations before Check a trade will talk to you about joining. I got a client to do a recommendation and I got hassled for weeks on the phone about joining up!

it's a bloody expensive mistake if it doesn't. better off with rated people. investment £10 and then buy leads. at least you 're not forking out a fortune for a possible ziltch return.

they told me it would be £480 or 8 months at £59.85 to join and that i was the only domestic electrician in the area, the area had 28 hits last month so i would of had 28 new customers ringing me APPARENTLY,
I just thought maybe i would give it a go if they would let you try it for a month before forking out all that money but at that price i dont think i will

Thanks I might try rated people next but not sure about this if I wonted a electrician I don't think I would go on there to look for 1

they told me it would be £480 or 8 months at £59.85 to join and that i was the only domestic electrician in the area, the area had 28 hits last month so i would of had 28 new customers ringing me APPARENTLY,
I just thought maybe i would give it a go if they would let you try it for a month before forking out all that money but at that price i dont think i will
Lies!!
All these telesalesmen are lying scumbags and need shooting.

Lies!!
All these telesalesmen are lying scumbags and need shooting.

Agreed.
Cant believe anyone is considering paying any money to join any marketing scams.
Yes , i know theres not much work about but thats because.....theres not much work about.
Handing over £600 isnt going to make customers magically appear.
Save your money.

I think all of these trade review sites are far to easily manipulated by 'friends', either to make Cowboys to look legitimate and reputable or to stifle legitimate competition by damming good tradesmen with poor reviews.

Save your cash spending it won,t make work appear when there is none,as my mate used to say "you cant eat a mars bar if you aint got one"

They are all a joke, why can't people see that??! Of course he's goin to tell you youll be the only electrician In your whole area on his books and theres mountains of work your missing out on every minute you wait before getting signed up!

he's a SALESMEN it's his job to basically tell you any old fanny to get that £600 out of your account and into his

A fool and their money are easily parted and all that

Hello Guys,

I am a member of checkatrade, joined late august time, I constantly get calls from it and have easily made my money back. I also went for the flyer option which is quite frankly rubbish, but the online one is good. Hopefully secured a 7.5k rewire this week and have already got 2 from it already. You have to constantly update however to make it work, it is true the feedback can easily manipulated but on the whole I have found this the best of the bad bunch. The other good one I tried she. Starting out was BNI, but this is a hell of a commitment with early morning meetings.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Guys,

I am a member of checkatrade, joined late august time, I constantly get calls from it and have easily made my money back. I also went for the flyer option which is quite frankly rubbish, but the online one is good. Hopefully secured a 7.5k rewire this week and have already got 2 from it already. You have to constantly update however to make it work, it is true the feedback can easily manipulated but on the whole I have found this the best of the bad bunch. The other good one I tried she. Starting out was BNI, but this is a hell of a commitment with early morning meetings.

I'm cynical about these sites but checkatrade is the most quoted / mentioned one, from my customers and socials - sure there's good and bad points such as deliberate poor reviews to stifle competition, and friends rather than genuine references to quickly bolster reputation, the heavy sales pitch etc £500-600 is a lot of cash to effectively put on a horse ... my tuppence worth

The tried and tested Word of mouth is a very effective and cheap advertisment, with a few little things you can easily do yourself - smart work T shirts with name and phone numbers printed in big letters on the back which I wear in the supermarket / shopping around town (very sad but it has worked) a few business cards always in the wallet and truck, a small magnetic sign for the tailgate. Cards / Tshirts / sign - under £150.00. Always leave a couple of cards with customers. Yes you have to start on the small jobs like changing a lightbulb for miss marple for £10 a time but it gets you out the door, your name known and on the first step towards more work. Sorry if you've already been doing this without success, in which case checkatrade etc may, or may not work. if its the latter the £600 is the months rent / mortgage gone and you feel even worse.

At the end of the day if you're Part P registered, and aiming at the domestic market the dawn of the new electrical safety register (NICEIC / ELECSA) and electricsafe (NAPIT) websites, and their recent peace treaty to combine as a single register (and probably another kick in the wallet for their members) should provide at least 60% of the coverage / potential client exposure that checkatrade et al charge for. My details are on the electricsafe site as a NAPIT full scope member. There will always be an element of prejudice for whichever scheme you're with, as has always happened with everything - what some swear by, others steer well clear of.

I may have missed the boat here but good luck with your decision.

Reply to does check a trade work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock