Discuss Does this proteus RCBO fit this board? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning all..

As in the title does the RCBO below fit in the proteus board shown in the second picture.
I'm sure it must do but I just wanted to be 100% sure before I turn up to the job.

Does this proteus RCBO fit this board? RCBO - EletriciansForums.netDoes this proteus RCBO fit this board? Board - EletriciansForums.net
Also, in case I buy a different proteus RCBO, do they all fit this board? The reason I ask is because there seems to be lots of different looking proteus RCBO's as in the pic below:
Does this proteus RCBO fit this board? Many RCBO's - EletriciansForums.net

no way of knowing, but it should fit unless the pillocks have altered the physical configuration.

no way of knowing, but it should fit unless the pillocks have altered the physical configuration.
I'm taking that as a guarantee that it does tel! I was about to say that you'll have to buy me another one if it doesn't, however I can't even joke about it seeing as though you sent me a free one the other day! :D
The guidedogs got their tenner by the way.

Your best bet is to ask the manufacturers, we had to get an MCB for a Crabtree Starbreaker consumer unit (plug-in type) the board was about ten years old but they had updated the MCB in the meantime more the livery on it but is fully compatable and type tested to go in older boards.

No Proteus to my knowledge wasn't rebranded it was a CEF brand. New devices should fit older units, one good thing about them but fitting an rcbo in an old unit may leave restricted space.

Not to my knowledge they have always had their own factory, however, it could be that they produced the board but got the isolators and protective devices from a 3rd party. I have noticed that a lot of protective devices are identical albeit the cosmetics.

It has been around at least since the 80s and the packaging always had a Union Jack and stated made in the UK, not sure about now.

Most Proteus gear is and was manufactured in Telford and Redditch UK by CEF in house factories much the same as Tamilte RPP Tamlex Centaur trunking.
Used to frequent their factories in the mid 90s while employed by one of the branches!
Don't think that will fit but always happy to be proved wrong, but the pic of the board is probably mid to late 90s!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will fit. They also make a compact RCBO which will fit.
I could almost hear the rest of the unwritten words then LEE... :D
What are you guys going on about, just answer the question, Yes it will fit!
No offence chaps :wink:

you pay for the "yes it will fit", the additional info is free. send cheque to Campaign Action Somalian Horsebreeders, or use initials C.A.S.H.

Bumping this months old thread with the same question....

Did it fit, @happyhippydad ?

I've got work to do on a 3 phase board and will need to replace the MCB's with RCBO's

Reply to Does this proteus RCBO fit this board? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock