Discuss Domestic Lighting - RCD protection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Surely you could fit an Rcd spur at the origin ?
...and be at the mercy of existing faults or borrowed neutrals.

Also, and not sure on this as it's additional protection, changing the circuit protection would make you responsible for the rest of it.

No thanks, RCD FCU at spur.

...and be at the mercy of exlisting faults or borrowed neutrals.

Also, and not sure on this as it's additional protection, changing the circuit protection would make you responsible for the rest of it.

No thanks, RCD FCU at spur.
How about an RCD fused spur off an RFC for an outside lighting circuit? An addition to another circuit that in its own right also now requires an RCD?

How about an RCD fused spur off an RFC for an outside lighting circuit? An addition to another circuit that in its own right also now requires an RCD?
If your company is with a scheme, ask the question.

Myself, I see no issue but then I've asked the question of NAPIT.

An RCD spur at the origin labelled clearly would be better then hiding a spur in a loft or cupboard and as we need to ensure the whole circuit is protected and satisfactory then cost effective too ?

I read it that the whole circuit should be rcd protected ?
Thanks, im on holiday at the moment so no BBB to hand but will give it a read on my return.

What's the betting it's worded so wooly as to not be able to draw a definite conclusion though.

No BBB on holidays ! However do you fill your day? It says (in part) that RCD “shall be provided for AC final circuits supplying luminaires”.

Reply to Domestic Lighting - RCD protection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock