Discuss Dopey First Post in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

is there an easier way of striping the inner sheath of with out

A) using pliers to pull sheath apart
B) scoring a nice line down sheath then noticing you have also scored the conductor!!

must adimit i have had good fun tonight!

better than my day of dragging 16mm 3 core SWA about!!

:(

missus has just got in from work and is not very happy, she along with the rest of her team of very nice police oficers all been given a warning for kicking the wrong door in!!! oops!!
:D I once did that when no one had seen the other halfss uncle for 3 days. bloody one up one down flats. four doors cant tell the difference, poor old bird nearly had a heart attack. turned out his was the other :eek: she let me off when i managed to get in and found hime dead in front of the fire. thats another story but 4 days infront of something hot dont make you smell nice:eek:

ah i see the problem straight away!!!

as detailed below

1) as you described "missus" buying stuff (serious problem)

2) B&Q (not as bad as point 1 but still bad)

3) you say you have done 17th and part P and you don't know how to fit a Light...!! (Massive problem)

im sorry if it feels like im having a dig on point 3

Ok any ways back to the post, why not get some twin and earth and strip it back from the sheath and give your self some "singles" joint them in to chock block that is attached already and then join the "extended cables" in to the push connectors, they probably good for upto 1.5mm solid cable.

steve

curiosity...!! you got a link for the new light from the B&Q site...???
Now i know what BUGSY was on about in his thread ??:rolleyes:

Hmmm Hope Uncle was not Sudbury as I was the Ambulance man that turned out to that!!!

Also kicked a few wrong doors down over the years, those call buttons round the old dears necks, if they forget to take them off when they go to bed, they roll over and set them off. Not a problem if you can hear......if you cant Ambulance and police kick your door in!

a nice shade of blue and green i could ov colour matched him with at b and q :D
and a smell that put me off colslaw forever. yak . the copper turned a funny shade of white when he came running down the stairs to throw up after he had been in for a couple of minutes. poor lad had only just been on dinner break before he got called out

Did a 'one under' in Ely they bused a group of student rail officers, The sargent asked us to hang around as he was worried how some of them would react.....I know its sick but it was bloody funny!!!

nice!! rather you than me!

any ways i must go to bed as i got a bloody great big wall to drill the poo out of tomorrow as teh customer wants to see NO CABLE!!!

:(

should be easy inside!! dot n dab walls, rods, switched spur rated at B&Q standard 30A :)
bit of 2.5 then 1.5 then massive drill bit then drink of water then more drill bit then more water then light on wall!!! easy as sin!! :eek:

I know its sick but it was bloody funny!!!

BLOODY!! :D:D:D:D

i hate them people, i like to travel a-b and back with out been told by BTP that my train is not going any were as its been unethically decorated with kidneys and lungs!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
um, er, yep its not there, Checked back through the posts, and its not there definately. No mention of the third wire. due to the nature of the question, we need to discuss this as well. What type of fitting have you got ?

I know its naughty but nicked this from another forum, just been posted........Is it Mr and Mrs B+Q Do they live?

There are two cables coming out of the ceiling each with red,black and earth wire(just copper). I connected the two red wires together and the two black wires together and then connected them into the block attached to the new light fitting already wired (brown(red) blue(black) and green/yellow(earth).
What have I done wrong ?
icon_confused.gif

Last edited:
I saw that one earlier was rolling around. why the hell cant people leave things they know naff all about well alone. i am no mechanic so i would not dream of fitting brake pipes, safety and all that? maybee i should have a go with the boiler or play with a bomb. they need to learn to know their limits stick to them and get somone in for the bits they cant do

Reply to Dopey First Post in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net