Discuss Double pole RCBO takes only one spot in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
What do you think about these kind of rcbo ? Do you use them ? Should be nice for a situation when there is no extra space in the D/B

LANX_single_pole_RCBO_20a.jpg

Unfortunately I can't see how this will fit in a distribution board the D.P. RCBO's I've come across have covered a additional way.

What do you think about these kind of rcbo ? Do you use them ? Should be nice for a situation when there is no extra space in the D/B
DP or SPSN RCBOs are a very good idea and are very useful in many circumstances.
The one you picture has the incomers at the top and outgoing at the bottom so would be very hard to install in a standard UK CU, generally to add a DP RCBO to a single busbar CU would not be possible as the busbar would obstruct access to the neutral terminal.
A specifically designed CU for those RCBOs would be great and would avoid nuisance tripping of different circuits and could still provide DP isolation for each circuit.
I notice they are advertised as single pole despite having a switched neutral on the diagram.

Double pole will have overcurrent protection in both poles. Single pole switched neutral will obviously only provide overcurrent protection to the line side.

Ok these only take up 1 way but are they D.P. switched and you would have to have a consumer unit as they do in Europe I think that has these neutral bus-bars as photo to take D.P. mcb's same size as our standard s.p m.c.b.'s.

Ok these only take up 1 way but are they D.P. switched and you would have to have a consumer unit as they do in Europe I think that has these neutral bus-bars as photo to take D.P. mcb's same size as our standard s.p m.c.b.'s.

They exist in this country too, SBS trade sales have a range of these for CUs

An advert in July/August PE by Aoelec (made in China), demonstrates their 'new mini single pole' RCBO (KBO). They also have 'both live & neutral switched RCBO ready soon'.

They appear to have CE, CB, RoHS marks, but nothing Googl'ible in the UK.

Reply to Double pole RCBO takes only one spot in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net