Discuss Double tap transformer? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

As @Julie. says our regulations are much more calculation-based in terms of what is allowed. In terms of the LV side then most circuits need overload protection (regulation 433.2), unless fixed loads where that is not likely and some other details (regulation 433.3), but practically all circuits need fault protection (regulation 434).

The closest we have to your rules is the 3m limit on conductors not adequately protected in themselves (but protected down-stream) which typically is taps of a bus-bar chamber and the case mentioned above where the DNO supply is not known to protect the first stage of the installation.

Here is the main bit for 433 on overload:
View attachment 93813
View attachment 93814
And here is the main bit for 434 fault protection:
View attachment 93815

View attachment 93816

Apologies for the warped photos of the regs book!
But the warped photos, appear so appropriate........ :)

Reply to Double tap transformer? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good afternoon - we're considering adding an additional breaker to our "main service panel" which is where the meter is located. That panel has 6...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am off grid, UK. There is no grid tie or connection and there is currently no potential for connection. Background: I use a Honda EU10i for...
Replies
Views
A
Hello, Is there any specific requirements or regulations to follow when installing fixed transformers rated at <600V (particularly protection)...
Replies
Views
Askalot
A
I think I have a faulty 66kva transformer but have little to no experience with them (delta star I believe) Call out due to reported problems...
Replies
Views
B
Okay so here is the story. Signed up a deal for a 4kwp system last week. Stone built cottage....75% double glazed......17 year old oil boiler...
Replies
Views
zeljuga
Z

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock