Discuss Download format for Seaward SuperNova & Megger PAT420 in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning a little project so that we can access all our PAT records online and create PDF files for the info/certificates. If any of us are working away and the site engineer wants copies we can just log in, select the records, create online PDFs and download them. It'll be a PHP program running a MySQLi database. That's the easy bit :) Hopefully I can get the format for the Megger tester as it seems to be a CSV file. I can't find any info on the Seaward Supernova though. I'll also need to write a small prog. to connect to the Supernova via RS232 and create a CSV file from the data. Anyone got any info on the Supernova format?

Well, I haven't worked out the SSS file format yet but I have written a little program to download the data from the SuperNova to the PC using the PATS+, Certificate & Summary modes. If anyone wants a copy just ask.
If anyone has the SSS file format please let me know.

Hi Moley we have a Europa plus & would be interested in trialing your software, if it is still available
I don't know if you can help me with this,but we have a Kroy 3100 printer that we use with the Europa,that is becoming unreliable & we want to replace it but the only current printer that interfaces with the Europa is the Seaward Desk Top printer that weigh 2.8 KG & is mains powered,we wanted to use a Test N Tag Pro or similar printer, that is battery operated,weighs well under a KG,is battery operated & fast,but it won't interface with the Europa; I've been told we need a software utility to do that do you have any clues about this that might help
Regards B John Callaghan

The software is still available. I don't want to post a link as it'll keep changing as I update things. I'll send you a message with the link. Have you got the download lead? It's not a standard rs232. You can get them for a few quid off ebay. If you pc hasn't got a rs232 port you'll need a usb to rs232 adapter. I've found the a £2 from china adaper works just as good as my £100+ adapter.

Your settings won't allow me to send you a message. Can you either alter your settings to allow it or send a message to me so that I can reply.

I've updated the Seaward SuperNova download software. It can be downloaded
HERE

Yet another update to the Seaward Supernova download program. I've added a new download format. You can now create a file with your company details at the top and a list of tested devices, their location, pass/fail etc. Download from the same link
HERE

Another update to the FREE software and more info on how to change the clock backup battery can now be found HERE

Well, I haven't worked out the SSS file format yet but I have written a little program to download the data from the SuperNova to the PC using the PATS+, Certificate & Summary modes. If anyone wants a copy just ask.
If anyone has the SSS file format please let me know.
Moley Any chance you can send me the software if its still available please? [email protected] I wish to try it on our old tester at our club Cheers Steve

Reply to Download format for Seaward SuperNova & Megger PAT420 in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net