Discuss Dusk to Dawn Sensor with PIR facility ?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Maverick2k

Good evening,

Ive had a request from a customer to have to wall mounted garage lights illuminate for approx 4/6 hours controlled via a dusk to dawn sensor however when this time period expires they then wish the lights to operate via a PIR similar to a standard security light such that when an intruder passes the PIR beam the garage lights then illuminate.

Can anyone assist in giving advice if this is possible and indeed if there is such a Standalone Dusk to dawn sensor with a built in PIR?

MANY THANKS ALL....:punk::punk:

You'll need a seperate PIR, PE cell and timeswitch.
Or is a Steinel nightmatic Instead of the PE cell

Or if money is no object a Sangamo solar timeswitch with adjustable off time would be the most reliable.

Not used one Dave, but had this recommended as a cheaper decent alternative to the sangamo suntracker.

http://uk.farnell.com/finder/12-81-8-230-0000/astro-time-switch-digital-spdt/dp/2409261?CMP=KNC-GUK-FUK-GEN-KWL-FINDER&mckv=hruLIARi_dm|pcrid|79604498949|&gclid=Cj0KEQiA2b20BRDj4buduIG-y9EBEiQAhgMGFWz0hFrniLsLSFr6niQK5kv_GOq7SFWbO4LctBa49SQaAnJw8P8HAQ

Sorry to hijack your thread! Just wanted to let you know that we have new Sangamo Suntracker models available that are a fair whack cheaper than the existing ones, it has the exact same features & specs as the existing models (04566 & 04567).

Have a look at the Sangamo Suntracker 72101 (1 channel) and 72201 (2 channel). They are, unlike the older models, both fully tested with LED lighting too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Dusk to Dawn Sensor with PIR facility ?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net