Discuss Dust Extractor for metabo wall chaser in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

stokielee

Trainee
Reaction score
There is a lovely 110v metabo Dust extractor for sale on facebook .Might suit you . I RAVE about Nilfisk units. Amazing value for money ,

ooops not Metabo , but even better ! https://www.------------/marketplace/item/986282902541456/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:470b39b8-932c-4f9b-a833-78498bde381f Its a Mafell unit

I use the Metabo wall chaser with a Nilfisk hoover, works great! No idea what model it is, might be an earlier version of the 30L one

Do you get much dust from the Nilfisk hoover?
Not from the hoover itself, no. I use it with the dust bags, so probably less dusty than using it without the bags. If you're on about the combination of the wall chaser and the vacuum, then there's a little bit of very fine dust (more of a haze), there's a bit of dust when you first start the chase before it get a seal (but not much), and there's the very occasional bit of brick just randomly pings away. Also (and this is gonna sound weird), I noticed the hairs on my arms feel a bit weird/fuzzy, I don't know if it's impact from tiny particles, or just static! :)

Any recommendations for a decent prices dustless dust extractor. I have just brought the metabo wall chaser but I don’t want pay 4-5 hundred quid for the dust extractor if I can help it. I am wanting to spend about £200 if possible. Anyone tried this one?

Nilfisk Multi ll 30T Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner – Indoor & Outdoor Cleaning – 30 Litre Capacity with 1400 W Input Power, Blue https://amzn.eu/d/cLeOuS9

Depends on what you need. It'll work just fine with a Henry.

Are you looking for 100V or 240V? Do you need M class filtration? There are loads of options and any half decent vacuum or extractor will do the job.

You can buy M class extractors from little over £100, although I can not attest to their reliability.

Not from the hoover itself, no. I use it with the dust bags, so probably less dusty than using it without the bags. If you're on about the combination of the wall chaser and the vacuum, then there's a little bit of very fine dust (more of a haze), there's a bit of dust when you first start the chase before it get a seal (but not much), and there's the very occasional bit of brick just randomly pings away. Also (and this is gonna sound weird), I noticed the hairs on my arms feel a bit weird/fuzzy, I don't know if it's impact from tiny particles, or just static
Nice one. I can’t justify paying mental prices for a metabo vacuum so the Nilfisk sounds like it does a more than decent enough job
Depends on what you need. It'll work just fine with a Henry.

Are you looking for 100V or 240V? Do you need M class filtration? There are loads of options and any half decent vacuum or extractor will do the job.

You can buy M class extractors from little over £100, although I can not attest to their reliability.
240V, not too fussed about the filtration but sounds like the Nilfisk is the one to go for.

I used one of those Metabo wall chasers once, with the Metabo vac. Lovely bit of kit, and hardly any dust. Vac has some sort of tamper, so it doesn't clog up. I've hired a a couple of different chaser's & vac's, and they were useless.

Personally, if you've invested in the Metabo wall chaser, I'd save up and get the Metabo vac.

Nagy vid which follows the Bundy one is better review IMO;

Reply to Dust Extractor for metabo wall chaser in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net