Discuss EAL Domestic Installer Scheme in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bright_Spark

Hi all

I’ve recently started an EAL Domestic Installer Scheme course. I am in the process of completing my coursework but some of the questions are very obscure, for example this is one of the questions –

- When working alone on site you are contacted by the Building Control Officer on your mobile telephone requesting information on the progress of the extension. How would you respond to this request?

Now even though I have done lots of theory work in the classroom I have no experience of actually working on site or working on any real projects so I would not know how to respond.

So I was wondering are there any books that help you when you’re doing the EAL Domestic Installer Scheme, our tutor has said that there are no books that help you with this course. The only books we should read are The Electricians Guide to the Building Regs and The On Site Guide.

Can anyone recommend any other books or resources?

Many thanks.

What a ridiculous question to ask someone training to be an electrician!!!

More to the point, why would a BCO be contacting a sparky EVER???

And where did he get my number from??

I would question the information requested about the extension, ie, build works or electrical works?

Sorry, i know this didnt answer your original query but things like this does my head in.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats just one of the silly questions that i have to answer to pass the course, thats why im desperate to find any books or other resources to help me, the electrical questions im fine with but with these kinds of questions im stuck :(

Seems like you are on a course to nowhere building control would contact the site manager and the whole idea of part P is to exclude building control from your life and self certify.

You need to ask your college why you are wasting your time with rubbish questions

Chris

Get yourself a copy of the building regs concentrate on chapters 1 5 and 10 and know what part A B C of the regs stand for its ISBN 9780863418624

Last edited by a moderator:
this question will never ever come up in your exam

the questions will mostly be about building regulation
all or most answers will be in the electricians guide to the building regulations
and the on-site guide
where are you doing this course

Hi all

I’ve recently started an EAL Domestic Installer Scheme course. I am in the process of completing my coursework but some of the questions are very obscure, for example this is one of the questions –

- When working alone on site you are contacted by the Building Control Officer on your mobile telephone requesting information on the progress of the extension. How would you respond to this request?

Now even though I have done lots of theory work in the classroom I have no experience of actually working on site or working on any real projects so I would not know how to respond.

So I was wondering are there any books that help you when you’re doing the EAL Domestic Installer Scheme, our tutor has said that there are no books that help you with this course. The only books we should read are The Electricians Guide to the Building Regs and The On Site Guide.

Can anyone recommend any other books or resources?

Many thanks.
I haven't done the Part P myself but i would tell him that the extension has nothing to do with me and phone the builder.I would tell him that i am here to do the electrics(i work for a bloke that is part p registered) and thats all and by the way ask him where he got your number from;)

hi jason eal has 17 units to complete with a online exam at the end.
this stupid question is not relevent in any way shape or form,
to any of the 17 units or the online exam.
i am off out soon but if anyone would like to know the 17 units
i will post them later

Further to my previous post re the building regs page 156 gives you your various parts ie part A Structure part B Fire Safety. These you need to know of by heart as you will get around 5 of your 20 questions on the parts.

Who is your course with and when do you take it. If you go to Plumbing course | Construction Training | Electrician Courses | DIY Skills and have a look at the complete part p domestic installers course the first two sections intro and EAL tells you what you need to know for the exam.

Good luck

Chris

hi guys thanks for the all the advice.

just to clarify a few things. the course is at a local college, been doing it for 3 years now so its not one of those 4 day courses that teach you to wire a plug and then tell you that you are a qualified spark, lol.

ive passed my 17th edition, also done my PAT testing, also done the online building regs exam to do with becoming part p, and now i need to complete my coursework/modules to become part p.

the college has done things a bit different, instead of doing the coursework first and then the exam, we have done the exam first and now need to do the coursework, and the above question is an actual question from the coursework that we have to complete.

as i go through my modules and if i find any more stupid questions that you have to answer to pass i will post them on here. thanks again for the help

In a previous life, I used to write exam questions.This one explores your knowledge of health and safety. Would a surgeon answer the phone during an operation ? No. and nor should you, dontcare if its from the queen !!!or the BCO !! There is a huge amount of health andsafety through the EAL course. Yes, its appears a bloody stpid question,(the examiners dont do them selves any favours do they ) but look at what they are really asking you . ( I would of course answer the phone to anew customer, or the queeen, or the BCO, but dont admitt that during an exam !!).

did i read this right you are working ALONE on SITE?

in my previous life as a project/site manager. you would not be allowed to work on your own. Health and Safety at Work.:confused:

maybe it's a trick question is in relation to his working alone, or answering a mobile phone while in work

:rolleyes:

i did the EAL domestic installer course a few years before doing my full level 3 2330, and i have to agree the amount of ridiculous questions in the EAL course had me actually laughing when i sat the exam, half the questions are not even vaguely relevant! good luck with the coursework.

Reply to EAL Domestic Installer Scheme in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock