• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Earth connections into new controller board in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All,

I have 3 separate Earth wires connected into an existing controller board. These 3 wires all have ring terminals and were hooked to a single brass earth bolt connector on the board. Now, As I'm replacing this board, I realised the new replacement board only has one Earth screw terminal.
What are my options rather than striping the 3 ring terminals and connecting all into this 1 terminal?

Aico 3000 Range
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pics attached, the earth connection terminal on the new board is at the far bottom left.

earthwires.jpg

new-board.jpg

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
4 port wago 221. 3 in, 1 out.

Hello, long time reader of this forum but never posted before.Just a quick thought that on the link it says that the connectors are for solid core conductors and the cores in the picture seems stranded. I have never used wago type connectors personally so not sure how they are with stranded cores.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Thanks for the heads up! will look at the wago for stranded cable. Cheers
the wago push fit suit 7 strand cable, but for fine stranded you need the 221 lever type.

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Earth connections into new controller board in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom