Discuss Earth rod driving stud size in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm a hundred plus miles away from mine so trying to visualise.... bigger than you'd think, I'd say in the 24-28mm area comfortably

25mm according to screwfix Q&A

Hi - I have that Screwfix version and can confirm it’s 25mm, at least at first. I use their brass joiner to couple down onto the rod top and have at it.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/earth-rod-driving-stud-5-8/45258

The higher quality rods are threaded to UNC-2A ,and that would be an imperial 1 1/8" A/F,but as they are not made as a fastener,they can use any combination of size/type.

A 26mm socket is included in larger sets.to pickup imperial sizes,between the standard metric increments.

I don't know if that was supposed to be tongue in cheek or not, makes it difficult to know if there are no smilies on the post. ?

But just in case, the impact socket with a SDS to 1/2" convertor allows driving in an earth rod with a SDS drill.

I don't know if that was supposed to be tongue in cheek or not, makes it difficult to know if there are no smilies on the post. ?

But just in case, the impact socket with a SDS to 1/2" convertor allows driving in an earth rod with a SDS drill.
Ah I get it now! Never even thought of doing it that way. I usually screw the bolt in and whack it with a large hammer. (Telectrix's preferred method ?).

ENEDIS (EDF) have been doing the rounds in our commune and issued notice's that most of the TT systems do not comply, as ours is a rural and mostly elderly couples area I have taken it upon myself to help a few of the locals when I am next down, so wish to make it easier for myself, I will use my SDS to drive the rods.

Ah I get it now! Never even thought of doing it that way. I usually screw the bolt in and whack it with a large hammer. (Telectrix's preferred method ?).
My preferred method is to watch whilst someone else loses their knuckles ?

Reply to Earth rod driving stud size in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Thanks for looking at my question I have a vehicle that I charge my trailer battery with. The charge circuit is 10 metres via an andeson plug...
Replies
Views
I hate having to open a large tube of silicone sealant to do a little bit of filling/sealing. Invariably the next time you go to the tube its...
Replies
Views
Been looking for a little hoover to take into smaller domestic jobs with me as my good one is just too big to drag in when your only going to make...
Replies
Views
I have an Onkyo SR606 with 4 bookshelf speakers (no bass or centre). Just seen this though...
Replies
Views
spary
S
Does anyone know the socket size i need to fit the head of the driving nut for a 5/8 earth rod please? thank you
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock