Currently reading:
Earthing SWA at lampposts with plastic fuse enclosures ?

Discuss Earthing SWA at lampposts with plastic fuse enclosures ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just finished testing lamp post supplies pre LED upgrade for a company where the measured Zs exceeds maximum permitted on all circuits. DB change is in the pipeline but brings its own issues with inrush current and what type of MCB to utilise due to the poor Zs readings. Current earth for the lamp posts is the SWA of the 6mm SWA which is jubilee clipped with a 6mm flying lead, this has led to corrosion which i think is affecting the earth readings. The fuse carrier enclosures are plastic and wont take an SWA gland.

Does anyone know of any clamps that are allowed for use with SWA ? I've seen ones for use with 11kv and 33kv cables which have solid spit rings to prevent crushing the cable, is there any alternative for a smaller sized armour ?

Thanks

Reply to Earthing SWA at lampposts with plastic fuse enclosures ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock