Search the forum,

Discuss ECS Card Application in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently training to be an electrician and have a few queries about the ECS card application form.

1) In appendix C which occupational definition code do I use?
I am not employed at the moment and am 25 years old. I am leaning towards Adult trainee or installation electrician. Maintenance electrician could also be suitable.

2) I have passed my Level 2 2365 electrical installation and PAT testing exams. However, these are not in appendix E for the qualification codes. Do I put in the 2330? Any advice appreciated.

3) Section 9. As I am not employed I cannot get my employer to sign it for me but it also asks for a sponsor. Who is eligible to be my sponsor?

Thanks for your time.
Lasowski101

Hi there,

I am currently training to be an electrician and have a few queries about the ECS card application form.

1) In appendix C which occupational definition code do I use?
I am not employed at the moment and am 25 years old. I am leaning towards Adult trainee or installation electrician. Maintenance electrician could also be suitable.

2) I have passed my Level 2 2365 electrical installation and PAT testing exams. However, these are not in appendix E for the qualification codes. Do I put in the 2330? Any advice appreciated.

3) Section 9. As I am not employed I cannot get my employer to sign it for me but it also asks for a sponsor. Who is eligible to be my sponsor?

Thanks for your time.
Lasowski101
What experience have you got and what would you say to a potential employer regarding your history in your portfolio?

Hi, I do not have any experience on site as I did an intense course at Able Skills and Trade Skills 4 U.
Well my view is you need to apply for a labourers card and spend 2-3 years on site working for sparks to gain experience, to attempt to gain a Electricians gold card at the moment would be a mistake due to you having no experience whatsoever.

Reply to ECS Card Application in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back