• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss EIC report and 2391 (or 2394/5) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SNJRecruitment

Can sparks complete and sign off teat sheet EICR's without having the city and guild certs 2391 (or the later ones 2394 or 5)

If they have plenty of testing and inspection experience and know what they are doing and have the select BS7671 qualification will this suffice?

Sorry for total Newb question but trying to find out online is a minefield a lot of conflicting information

As stated, the inspector needs to be competent only. For periodic inspection knowledge and experience is extremely valuable.
If you are providing electricians for customers it may be worth noting that some customers or customer's insurers may ask for proof of competence in the form of specific qualification.

When i first tried to sign up with NAPIT back in 2013, they said i had to have 2394/5
but when i got the qualifications an tried again in 2015 they didnt care...

I guess because with they do a test like you get in the 2394, you have to test your work and do the documents
but they are only look at a bit of it

Reply to EIC report and 2391 (or 2394/5) in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back