Discuss elecsa guarantee insurance provider in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leespark2009

hi taking my assessment november 23rd and what is the guarantee insurance they ask you when completing assessment and were do you get it from thanks

Its something you pass onto the costumer IE its there insurance(Elecsa) I was told im not to give any views on it whatsoever........ But yo must give them the piece of paper at the end
Its basicly the same tat that currys trying selling ya with a new telly!!
I think that swhat your talking about...

i personally guarantee my work for 20 years.

if you don't use it, it won't break.

if you read small print its only a guarantee against non compliment works.... IE stuff done not complying with part p of building control (not broken stuff or badly installed)

so it's basically like every other insurance policy, more get out of paying escape clauses than houdini.

For part p work Elecsa require you to have a guarantee available, you can arrange this yourself with an independent provider if you wish but Elecsa provide their own scheme for no cost, so why not?
You can only start this once you are through the assessment. If you are going to take it up with Elecsa then tell them at the assessment and you will be through that bit.

I would also say on reading the small print that if there is a Part P non compliance then whilst the guarantee will arrange rectification I believe they will then charge you for this rectification! as there is a section stating I agree to cover any costs associated with the repair.

Anyway no customer I have had has yet taken it out because it costs them more money.

Reply to elecsa guarantee insurance provider in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net