Discuss Elecsa inspection query ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DONKEY

Hi everyone. This may seem like a stupid question but its one that needs answering. Ive got my first ELECSA inspection next month and obviously I will need to show the inspector two jobs but as i am not yet able to sign any jobs off (part p ) how am i supposed to provide the installs to be inspected ? Can I do some work for another electrician who is already Part P registered and get him to sign them off and then show the assessor those ? Any help or advice will be most appreciated. :confused:

The official route is to inform the LABC most people that I know dont bother I know with NICEIC its a mark against you but not a fail and once you pass you can issue the certs.

Chris

Hi Donkey

Ive been with ELECSA for two years now so things may have changed but back then i showed them a job where i had put in a new cooker, lighting and ring final circuit and once i passed i sent the job in. The best thing would be to give them a call and ask exactley what they would like you to do,

Good luck and let us know how you got on

Thanks everyone. I think I will do the jobs and then sign them off when I pass the inspection (theres confidence for you)

Hi, I had my first elecsa inspection in Feb. being my first I didnt know what to show them so I replaced my CU at home. they said that was fine and turns out it was ok. They said over the phone I only needed to show one piece of Major work.

You would not be at fault so long as you notify labc within their time limit ( I think it's 28 days from completion ), this is the case if you pass or, very unlikely, fail your assessment.

I take your point about the 28 day time limit, but isn't that for someone who is already a member of a scheme. For someone who is not a member then strictly LABC would need to see first fix etc.

I have to admit I am in the same boat - I need to do a few jobs like this before I can become a member of a scheme and it's ridiculously expensive to involve LABC.
Someone at college mentioned something like £165 if they wanted to get LABC involved on a CU change.

I phoned labc prior to assesment explained the situation regarding joining competant persons scheme and assesors visit (NICEIC).
They told me if I intended to use a consumer change as main job,simply complete it close to the assesment date and see how the assesment goes.
If you pass you can sign the job off through your membership scheme,if not go through building control,
Make sure you have a properly documented Installation certificate to 17th ed,they are pretty hot on that as its profe of YOUR competance and due dilligance to regs regarding your work.
Hope that helps and good luck.;)

Yes, make sure your test sheets are good and have all the relevent documentation they ask to see ie. copies of Part P, Elec at Work Act, Pub liability, 7671 & Onsite Guide, Calibration certs for testers etc.
Having dealt with NIC EIC for many years, I am now with Elecsa and find them very helpful. If in doubt about anything give them a call.
If you know your stuff you'll be fine.

I'm going to go with ELECSA as well they are very helpful and said one major job would be fine for the first assesment.

Reply to Elecsa inspection query ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock