Discuss Electric combi boiler keeps cutting out. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We have a 5 years old EHC combi boiler which switches the central heating off now and again ( no pattern that I can see ).
To get it working I switch through the programme options once or twice and it starts up.
It can be ok for weeks or days.
Can anyone suggest what is wrong with it please. Pressures are ok and no leaks from tundish.
Thanks

Not any kind of expert on this, but no leaks at tundish suggests no problem with overheating or pressure. Occasional switching points at a switching problem, and at 5 years old maybe the contacts are faulty, maybe in the controller itself, or at the stats.
An expert's opinion will probably save you ages trying to trace the fault...just a thought.

Hi - perhaps look up the boiler instruction manual for fault codes. There's usually a code you can read on the boiler's screen that may shed light. Just a friendly reminder - boiler faults will need a gas safe registered person to fix them, and you may want to re-post this on the Plumbers Forum for assistance :).

What’s G3?
The Building Regulations Approved Document (section G3) requires an unvented hot water cylinder to be installed and maintained by a competent person. The G3 qualification, also known as an Unvented Hot Water qualification, provides plumbers with the knowledge & skills needed to work with such systems.

G3 does not apply to a combi boiler.

Reply to Electric combi boiler keeps cutting out. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

At the moment it depends on the weather on how well the central heating works, the main problem is the Nest Gen 3 thermostat only measures the...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife and I have decided to bite the bullet re the costs of an electric combi boiler in an off-gas grid one bedroom flat where space is so...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having a new boiler fitted in a new location. I need to provide power for the boiler which I'm looking to do myself. Boiler: Ideal Logic...
Replies
Views
Hi. We are looking at installing a Wiser smart heating system inc. trvs We are currently electric only, with normal rads and a Heatrae sadia...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock