• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Electric furnace wired breaker calculation (canada) in the Advice for Professional Canadian Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, can anybody walk me through on the CEC side on figuring out the breaker and wire size for a 240V, 15.7kW electric furnace. I am an electrician and have not worked on residential for a while.
Thank you.

Megawatt

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, can anybody walk me through on the CEC side on figuring out the breaker and wire size for a 240V, 15.7kW electric furnace. I am an electrician and have not worked on residential for a while.
Thank you.
You need 3 conductor with a ground # 8 wire and a 40 amp double pole breaker

Reply to Electric furnace wired breaker calculation (canada) in the Advice for Professional Canadian Electricians area at ElectriciansForums.net