Discuss Electric shower advice needed in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

basic power calculations can tell you your problem
replace fuse with a big nail that should sort everything out (we miss rum)

MCB is the right size for 6mm cable (assuming he used 6mm?). Needs further investigation. I would pay a spark to come round and sort the problem if I were you;)

basic power calculations can tell you your problem
replace fuse with a big nail that should sort everything out (we miss rum)

Now now RumWayne

Last edited by a moderator:
MCB is the right size for 6mm cable (assuming he used 6mm?). Needs further investigation. I would pay a spark to come round and sort the problem if I were you;)

Now now RumWayne

sorry ,usually i give sound advice but every so often the other voices in my head make me post silly things....im off to see the wizard.....

Electric shower advice needed {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Recently my father fitted a new shower but after about 3 minutes of use the trip switch on the MCB trips (which is rather anoying). The only rating I can find on the MCB for the shower is B32, this could be wrong though.

Any ides on why this is happening would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks

The shower is rated to 8.5kw and a link to it is below

Buy Caselona II 8.5kW Electric Shower. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

your shower pulls just on 37A

A type B MCB trips off instantaneously at 3 to 5 times its rating (90-150 amps approx)

it is designed to carry 32A indefintely, and above that its a matter of time against current

ie, the more current you overload it with the quicket it will blow

You will need a B40 in there and should be looking at at least 6mm cable, but maybe even 10mm even if there is thermal insulation etc

My advice? Get a sparks in, you have already overloaded the circuit;)

Reply to Electric shower advice needed in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock