Discuss Electric shower advice please..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shower has two coils inside - once the second one fails the heat drops - its what the settings on the heat control switch - element 1 or element 1 + 2.

one of the coils is gone thus reducing the power consumption!

Welcome to the forum mate.
@Baddegg has solved the problem in the post above yours. (Post #19)

Would be really interested if you got this shower working properly, we bought a AQUAS AquaMax Flex Manual X-Jet 9.5KW White Electric Shower and had all same problems you are describing only forceful water if on cold setting, diverter button doesn't work as spindle not long enough to meet external button.Pressure isn't enough if we want a heated shower. Got in touch with Victorian plumbing but looks like it will be a long process.
You spoke about eco button but can you tell us where it is located,,,, all sounds too similar shower cost £385 expensive ornament at present. thanks for you help in advance

Hi Tracey and Welcome to the Forum.
You could start a new thread if you liked on your issues. A couple of quick thoughts - the divertor control is a standard part and should fit (see page 16) or is broken. Also see page 17 as there is a commissioning instruction and a plastic piece to be removed at step 3. Don't forget power off first :) .

Hi Tracey
Yes as wilko says make sure you have removed the small plastic “u” piece, water pressure is not to do with the shower but what pressure is already present, there are 2 different models of the shower and yours may not have the “eco” button (a small button just above the power button) I know this as my customers after many legal threats recieved a replacement from Victorian plumbing without the eco button.
It wouldn’t surprise me if you have a faulty unit, the manufacturers told me to wedge something behind the shower to make things contact properly......I won’t repeat what I told them.
They even sent my customer, a disabled woman in her 60’s a new switch and a video clip telling her to change it herself, she rang me asking where to start! (The clip didn’t even explain how to isolate the power)
Victorian plumbing have been an absolute nightmare to deal with and still have not paid me what was agreed to replace the faulty shower nearly 2 months down the line.
I personally would never buy a thing from them!
I believe my customers have been in contact with watchdog over Victorian plumbing conduct with regards faulty goods.

Last edited:
Hi Tracey
Yes as wilko says make sure you have removed the small plastic “u” piece, water pressure is not to do with the shower but what pressure is already present, there are 2 different models of the shower and yours may not have the “eco” button (a small button just above the power button) I know this as my customers after many legal threats recieved a replacement from Victorian plumbing without the eco button.
It wouldn’t surprise me if you have a faulty unit, the manufacturers told me to wedge something behind the shower to make things contact properly......I won’t repeat what I told them.
They even sent my customer, a disabled woman in her 60’s a new switch and a video clip telling her to change it herself, she rang me asking where to start! (The clip didn’t even explain how to isolate the power)
Victorian plumbing have been an absolute nightmare to deal with and still have not paid me what was agreed to replace the faulty shower nearly 2 months down the line.
I personally would never buy a thing from them!
I believe my customers have been in contact with watchdog over Victorian plumbing conduct with regards faulty goods.

Thank you for responding to me, no we do not have the eco button on the unit front but our contractor did remove the plastic wedge inside the unit and followed all instruction re installation.
We are definitely thinking we have a faulty unit, Victorian Plumbing did say we can send back shower for refund pending outcome of inspection/investigation. They have asked for photos and information about installation - send awaiting response. We would be happy if the just told us to chose another one as this shower is not fit for purpose, not sure where we stand legally or if credit card company would refund us during our fight thank you again for responding.

Hi Tracey and Welcome to the Forum.
You could start a new thread if you liked on your issues. A couple of quick thoughts - the divertor control is a standard part and should fit (see page 16) or is broken. Also see page 17 as there is a commissioning instruction and a plastic piece to be removed at step 3. Don't forget power off first :) .

Hi Wilko, diverter switch def looks broken, im convinced they has sent us a faulty or previously returned unit. Plastic wedge was removed as per instructions. Looks like a really poor design for a lot of money. Currently awaiting a response from Victorian Plumbing, not sure if I can demand a refund but would be happy with a completely different shower to resolve this, lost faith in this item.
now over 30 day of purchase. bought in October fitted in February due to renovations.

Hi Wilko, diverter switch def looks broken, im convinced they has sent us a faulty or previously returned unit. Plastic wedge was removed as per instructions. Looks like a really poor design for a lot of money. Currently awaiting a response from Victorian Plumbing, not sure if I can demand a refund but would be happy with a completely different shower to resolve this, lost faith in this item.
now over 30 day of purchase. bought in October fitted in February due to renovations.
in that case you want it replacing under warranty. if you bought with credit card, then you should be able to get a 100% refund on your card. trading standards is another avenue under "goods not fit for purpose",

thank you , they did offer for me to have it disconnected and return for refund pending investigation of complaints. I will contact credit card when I have send back to them as I will no longer have their shower. thank you

Hi Wilko,thanks for that, no shower before this,meant to update last night but got a bit involved watching solo with my youngest son.....anyway had time for further tests yesterday it turns out that the eco button micro switch wasn’t working correctly so the shower was stuck in 5.5kw mode, when then button was physically held in the water came through screaming hot and the amp reading jumped straight up to 36-38
Told customer she can either send the unit back or contact manufacturers for the part, thanks to all for replying as always
Hi, We have this exact same problem, just checked out the Echo button by holding it in as suggested and hey presto we have hot water coming through. Can you tell me how your customer resolved this issue in the end or is it still on going do you know? Thanks in advance.

Hi Tina
They will tell you that you need to fit a piece of rubber between the back of the eco button and the wall to stop the body of the switch from moving backwards and preventing it from engaging....my advice is to demand your money back and don’t deal with Victorian plumbing again, as they will also void any further warranty on the unit.
They will also not pay for someone to “repair” the unit leaving you further out of pocket.
As above I recommend my customers avoid the company like the plague!

Thanks for coming back to me on this. What a nightmare!
I wonder did your client go with a completely different make of shower in the end? Sorry to ask but I really am in two minds weather to get a replacement and take a risk that it will be fine or to start over again and change to another manufacturer ! So much hard work has gone into our new bathroom re-fit and this shower, sadly has let it all down.

Hi. We now have ours resolved. I gave them a choice replace it with another shower of our choice or I would go through section 75 via credit card for full refund
Now had a quick turn around and have a Mira excel EV which we are accustomed to sadly a hole to plug in our beautiful new shower wall. But we’re problem solvers do lesson learned. Good luck Tina

Thanks for coming back to me on this. What a nightmare!
I wonder did your client go with a completely different make of shower in the end? Sorry to ask but I really am in two minds weather to get a replacement and take a risk that it will be fine or to start over again and change to another manufacturer ! So much hard work has gone into our new bathroom re-fit and this shower, sadly has let it all down.
They do the same shower without the eco button, tell them you want that as the fixings are exactly the same so no holes left in ya wall, tell them you want some compensation as well as they know these showers are faulty, I contacted the manufacturers directly, LOUED consultants, who rather ironically offered me a contract to repair these showers around the south of England, they told me the part was left out at the factory.......I don’t believe that personally, they are just very poor design and for Victorian plumbing to continue selling them is a disgrace!
I’d contact watchdog.....

Hi Tracy, Thank you for the information. We paid through our bank direct so not sure where we stand but that would be another "Forum" I guess. Lesson learned indeed. I've not been in touch with V.
Plumbing yet, I need to calm down and get my head straight, I'm so angry right now as I guess you would have been too. Luck is what we need for sure, thank you.

They do the same shower without the eco button, tell them you want that as the fixings are exactly the same so no holes left in ya wall, tell them you want some compensation as well as they know these showers are faulty, I contacted the manufacturers directly, LOUED consultants, who rather ironically offered me a contract to repair these showers around the south of England, they told me the part was left out at the factory.......I don’t believe that personally, they are just very poor design and for Victorian plumbing to continue selling them is a disgrace!
I’d contact watchdog.....
Thank you, this is really helpful. I'll get in touch with them and see what happens.

Hi Baddegg, Got an update on this. We have had an e-mail from the manufacturers telling us the following....
The units are factory tested on a steel wall which is 100% flat.
We have found if the wall the shower is fitted to is 1 or 2mm out it slightly twist the back fixing plate causing the eco switch not to hold the microswitch down when pressed. Hence your issue mentioned below about the eco switch.

Firstly isolate power to the unit.

See attached document. The solution is to fit 6 flat washers underneath the three screws (2 PER SCREW) holding the back plate to the wall.

These screws go between the back plate and wall allowing the front cover to fully engage when fitting to the back plate.

The result is the eco button fully holds down the microswitch giving full power and a constant heat.

From anyone's point of view, will this actually resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to Electric shower advice please..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net