Discuss Electric shower advice please..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Clearly a known problem to manufacturers and retailer. Therefore a defective product. Product supplied by retailer. Contract with retailer. Retailer has to sort it out. Up to retailer if they want to claim against manufacturer. Its all basic consumer law that retailers sadly ever know about nor understand!

Clearly a known problem to manufacturers and retailer. Therefore a defective product. Product supplied by retailer. Contract with retailer. Retailer has to sort it out. Up to retailer if they want to claim against manufacturer. Its all basic consumer law that retailers sadly ever know about nor understand!
Trouble with this particular retailer is they genuinely don’t care.....they play games and outright lie and give customers and tradesman the run around in a deliberate attempt to avoid any issues, it took them nearly 4 months and countless phone calls and emails to pay me an agreed fee to repair THEY faulty equipment!...avoid them like the plague!

Last edited:
I personally didn’t but I had a fully qualified plumber fit it, as well as the whole bathroom suite. He had the book with him so I’m sure he did. Would it have worked if he hadn’t?
It would work but you’d get very little hot water....plumber....hmmmmmmmm :flushed:

It would work but you’d get very little hot water....plumber....hmmmmmmmm :flushed:
Do you have a picture of what it looks like or where it was/is located? I could check with him to see if he had. Would that explain the water not being overly “hot” and the pressure of the water when it’s on “hot?” As I said, it’s very powerful on cold.

Do you have a picture of what it looks like or where it was/is located? I could check with him to see if he had. Would that explain the water not being overly “hot” and the pressure of the water when it’s on “hot?” As I said, it’s very powerful on cold.
Certainly a possibility, I’ve been called out to new installations by a plumber who hadn’t removed it....google the shower installation instructions and it’ll be in there, you can’t miss it you just pull it out with ya fingers....,after safe isolation of the circuit and removal of the front cover, if you’re not confident get a spark mate.....please let us know the outcome.....dumb plumbers are popular on here :tearsofjoy:

Certainly a possibility, I’ve been called out to new installations by a plumber who hadn’t removed it....google the shower installation instructions and it’ll be in there, you can’t miss it you just pull it out with ya fingers....,after safe isolation of the circuit and removal of the front cover, if you’re not confident get a spark mate.....please let us know the outcome.....dumb plumbers are popular on here :tearsofjoy:
Thanks mate, I’ll give a spark that I know a call, to come and check it out! The spark had it wired just for the plumber to come and “put it on!” The box in which the shower arrived in is here which he left bits and pieces in, but I don’t see anything in it that fits the description!

Eco or cool setting all showers have it but users in the UK never use it lol

There are usually two microswitches in the shower both are on for full heat , eco or cool mode switches one of the microswitches off using the tumbler arrangement on the knob internal connections which stops leccie getting to one of the heater can elements - its quite inventive how it works and of course both switches are off for cold or off setting!

Checkout Bigclivedotcom on Youtube he is easily the best electrical engineer teardown and electronics diagnostics guy on youtube he did a full rip up of a Triton shower; even cut the hot water tank open to demonstrate!

I'll have you know , I activated my low power the other day .. (But probably only for 1 month !)
Winter will be here soon ! ..Mr Frugal.. Save water.

I give it another week lol
Yeah that setting sure aint for uk users but those abroad in hot countries but who knows we may be the new Spain and now we will be inundated with football shirted, tattoed thugs getting drunk, mooning, puking and causing general chaos every year!¬
>;o(

My eco setting has been on since the end of June. All good and comfy in the shower too, even with the cooling off of the weather this week.

First time I've ever used it though, lol.

I'll have you know , I activated my low power the other day .. (But probably only for 1 month !)
Winter will be here soon ! ..Mr Frugal.. Save water.

I feel sorry for you English...well...... just a little...

We don't not pay for our water up here in Scotland , We dont have calcium in it either as we have the best water in the world so no furred up water cylinders, kettles and showers - everything electrical that uses water lasts longer up here! 30 minute showers every day I cannot imagine having to watch how much water I use i would be bankrupt!

One of the things I look forward to when i come home from abroad is a big cool glass of Scottish water - seriously i have drunk English tap water and it tastes really strange.

Canny believe you Engleeshmen have to have water meters and are charged for using it when Scotland has the best water in the world for free - they are ripping the arse out of you down there and half of your water companies are creaming the cash in and doing nowt to fix the water mains or upgrade anything yet you pay for it - complete madness!

Can I add we don't pay for prescriptions up here either!
Sorry to rub'it'in but >;O)

My internet speed and water pressure have been a bag of .... for the 20 odd years I've lived in my current home..

Ironically the guys putting in the duct for fiber cut through the water main.

Once water was restored the pressure was so high it blew my hose pipe fittings apart!! :)

be careful what you wish for :D

My internet speed and water pressure have been a bag of .... for the 20 odd years I've lived in my current home..

Ironically the guys putting in the duct for fiber cut through the water main.

Once water was restored the pressure was so high it blew my hose pipe fittings apart!! :)

be careful what you wish for :D

Yeah British workmanship its very sad 50% effort for 200% profit the good old days of 101% are gone - well almost my dad taught me to do every job 101% even if it is sweeping the street as he used to say!

I was in Germany last year - took them 3 days to tarmac a 1 mile stretch of road - last moonth we had 100 metres of the front street done by the council - took em two weeks and its sagging and a hole is appearing on it already!

Pretty sad eh!
My neighbour has employed leccies, roofers, plumbers and every single job has been bodged and they were all recommended on those websites for good tradesmen - what is going on?

How do you actually find good tradesmen these days?
Having said that my dad taught me to do every job myself in the old days everyone had to do it as we were all skint - i used to go to the local dump to get our house everything from hoovers to tables we were so skint - i have to admit i was naughty i used to go up to the new estates being built and nicked everything from hammers , nails and bags of cement lol

i have never employed anyone in the last 30 years - built my own house, built my own kit car and just repaired my plasma telly, oven and washing machine in the last year for almost nowt but the parts!
THANKS DAD!!!

I can also cook , sew and speak 3 languages.
THANKS MUM!!!!

Forums like these and youtube are your DIY money saving friend!

Haha Gary...I'm a posh pirate! LOL! NOT! I simply cannot understand why my Council Tax band is so high. I recently downsized to a flat from a much larger house, yet my band only dropped from a G to an F, so i pay only marginally less per month for a property with less than half the floor area. As for actual water consumption, the system is gravity-fed, pressure is poor, so I have had to fit a pump to my shower. The hot water is from a cylinder with immersion heater. My last house had a combi boiler and the shower was also a pumped Aqualisa thingy, so I have gone from unlimited hot water to severely limited hot water, thus I am using much less water than before as i also don't have a garden to water, nor do i wash my car any more, I take it to the car-wash. I reckon I use less than half the water I did before, yet I am paying almost as much. The water charge doesn't really take account of the number of people living in a house, which would suggest that water metering would be a fairer way of charging.

Aha so its Newton Mearns then lol
You dont live in Whitecraigs flats do you lol?

Yeah sounds like the old 70's John Lawrence flats and houses they were magic the best bricks and design with massive gardens and proper pipes and good plumbing ahh the days of proper workmanship.

I bought a house in Kilmarnock Toponthank and moved out after 6 months it was a nightmare new build houses are a complete disaster - two houses in the street (Rosemill Estate Kilmarnock - lets name and shame Barratt - those jokes we used to tell at school in the 80's about Barratt and the fudd in the helicopter came true i should have listened - stupid me one of the biggest mistakes i made in life).

The double glazing was made of wood, i found out from one of the sparkies that i got friendly with that all the central heating and plumbing was installed by non-corgi certified engineers so 3 houses flooded in the 6 months i was there and one was condemned by the council with no one allowed to move in), i also had free leccie as my house was the last to be finished and was never registred with Scottish Power so I never had to pay leccie - The new owner if he is not a plonker will probably still have free leccie - the back garden was just rubble, pavements werent finished or the roads so cars were falling down massive potholes, my front lawn had so many bumps on it when i flymowed it it took the tops off most of the lawn which went brown and looked like a minefield and more but i digress - NEVER BUY A NEW BUILD HOUSE!

I must admit i like the old cylinder hot water tanks although my thermostat has just failed so needs whipped out and a new one installed - its removing the element that is nasty and i hope it doesnt fail but it has been in since 1963 and is still going strong - the stuff from the old days seems much more reliable than modern combi boilers i would never have one myself - i just installed a £15 wifi 4kw Sonoff switch so i can switch it on when i am on the way home on the bus so the water is ready for me it has one of those old Horstmann boiler manual controls from the 60's on it and i have a cold water tank providing water but my shower i connected up to the mains feed so its pretty powerful even though i am on the third floor!

Why dont you get your shower plumbed into the mains its an easy job if you have access to the rising main pipes in those old flats its usually in the cupboard number 1 in the kitchen.

Electric shower advice please..... Flat_Water_Pipes_Labelled - EletriciansForums.net

Keep this thread on topic. We've had some reports to Google about the content, apparently. I've cleared up the thread I'm sure it's just confusion but somebody somewhere was offended and reported it.

Reply to Electric shower advice please..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock