Discuss Gas hob change to induction hob + new cooker hood - advice appreciated! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

shez444

DIY
Reaction score
Hello, two parts here....please forgive any incorrect terminology used!

I am looking to replace my gas hob with an induction hob (this one: electriQ 52cm Canopy Cooker Hood Kitchen Extractor Fan in Silver - 5 Year Warranty eiQ52CANOPY | Appliances Direct - https://tinyurl.com/1jipb3dj) which needs to be hardwired to a dedicated 32A fuse. The gas hob is currently plugged into a wall socket underneath at the back of the kitchen drawers. Fuse panel photo attached below. Does this look/sound like a feasible start for even considering the change to induction?

The cooker hood...I currently have a not-working one of these recirculation hoods: electriQ 52cm Canopy Cooker Hood Kitchen Extractor Fan in Silver - 5 Year Warranty eiQ52CANOPY | Appliances Direct - https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/eiq52canopy/electriq-eiq52canopy-50cm-canopy-hood?refsource=apadwords&mkwid=s0wRgoz7N_dc&pcrid=490354455283&product=eiQ52CANOPY&pgrid=57302833183&ptaid=pla-446623619496&channel=googlesearch&gclid=Cj0KCQiA34OBBhCcARIsAG32uvMk8wqgeqPhFJpn3yMxD2kzOuRfQh0efa0sZP_KNFCYWtC7PrewcYIaAk-pEALw_wcB

Very limited options for something the same tiny size that is any good, but are looking at this one: Zanussi ZFG816X 54cm Canopy Cooker Hood With Hob2Hood - Stainless Steel | Appliances Direct - https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/zfg816x/zanussi-zfg816x#!#specs

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able/allowed to have an outside ventilation hole arranged.

The inside cupboard measurements are: 29cm deep x 54cm wide x 35.5cm height (+2cm thick bottom panel cut through). It seems like it would fit snuggly (maybe 1-2cm clearance between the highest point of the cooker hood and the top of the cupboard), but unsure if the 'empty' space remaining around it would be enough for recirculation?

The back panel of the cupboard looks like it could be cut out a bit to create a little more depth if the side of the new hood was too close to it to fit the plug.

Any advice or things I should consider before I launch into buying them would be much appreciated. Will have professionals to remove and install etc. once we've ordered of course. Thank you! ?

Cooker hood.jpg

Fuse panel.jpg

TL;DR
Considering replacing gas hob with induction, + new cooker hood. Unsure if my set up is suitable for the change.
Another option for your cooker hood maybe something like this: CLIHS60 Integrated Cooker Hood 600mm Grey - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/clihs60-integrated-cooker-hood-600mm-grey/640FH?tc=IB7&ds_kid=92700046986170840&ds_rl=1241687&ds_rl=1245250&ds_rl=1245725&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=CjwKCAiAyc2BBhAaEiwA44-wW8o-subKxQSkEnOa-hSplwOqvkXWriP5epzNmsDNH4sQOumzbmIWvRoCM0wQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
This would replace the whole wooden cabinet you have there and you can fix your existing door onto the front of the unit. I notice with your existing unit there does not appear to be anywhere for the air to exit the cupboard unless you leave the door open, if it was operated with the door closed then motor most likely over-heated and died as a result. If you decide to replace with that Zanussi one then would be a good idea to install a length of duct between the outlet hole of the hood and a hole cut in the top of the cabinet so the extracted air had somewhere to go.

Reply to Gas hob change to induction hob + new cooker hood - advice appreciated! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net