Discuss Electric shower advice please..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Tina
Thanks for updating us, I’d say no it is not resolve it but it’s entirely your call really, personally I think it’s an extremely poor design and can’t see why a consumer should have to retro fit parts if the manufacturers know they could fail? There’s not a wall in this country that’s 100% flat and they know it, i advised my customer to change the unit for one without the eco switch but as i say it’s your call.

Update, I'm being told now by VP that if they collect the unit for a refund there's no guarantee that we will get it, because if the manufacturers find nothing wrong with it then they won't refund! I have now had an e-mail from the manufacturers giving me dates of when they can come and fix the problem by sending in one of their men, but I have to sign a T & C which states that if the unit has been installed incorrectly in any way then the cost will be down to us! I am loosing the will to live, because I can see that they will use this 1-2mm flat wall issue that they mentioned before. Anyone got any legal advice, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Only just seen the post about the washers, surely if you pack the shower off the wall by 3ish mm then it effects the ip rating as splashes of water will be able to fall down the back and penetrate through the screw holes?

@ChrisElectrical88, the place that supplies the showers and the manufacturers are both a complete joke Chris, I wouldn’t normally get that involved for a customer but the poor woman I installed for was absolutely at her wits end with them........it took them over 2 1/2 months to pay me what they agreed and that was only after i threatened legal action!

Wow, Thank you for this, We have been questioning everything last 2 months since the install of this shower, its been a pain to get hot water out and the eco button now confirms the fault as this is exactly what mine does. I have emailed VP the photo & video of the shower (obviously showing the cold water fault?) and also in my email I've included this thread. I want this shower removed and swopped for a different brand. absolutely crazy!

Also Noticed VP do not print bad reviews as I left a review on their website 6 weeks ago about how bad the heat is and they never published it, its wasn't a rude review just one stating it isn't a good shower.

VP Sent me this file, so they clearly know about the fault.

Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 18.43.07.png

Fitted 9.5 kw aquas aquamax shower today (customer supplied) and new full rcbo consumer unit, all good except the shower is absolute s£&t! Even on the highest setting the water is only moderately hot, water pressure seems fine and no different to any other showers I’ve fitted, one thing I did notice was when I clamped the meter tails with the shower running on full heat it only ever pulls approximately 15amps,new 10mm cable run in void under the floor for approx 18mtrs to a chase in the wall upto isolation switch with pvc wall panels over that,plenty of free air around the cable,admittedly I’ve never had to clamp a shower before but does that seems low for a 9.5kw shower?
Thanks as always
I’m just after getting mine fitted today, which I purchased several months ago. I’ve used it once and it’s the same as you described. The hot water is only warm and not too powerful (not even on the hand held part) yet, when the cold is on, it’s very powerful. (Both parts) When I put the eco button it, it is better but it drops temperature and is fairly cold. It must just be the way they are?? For the price of them, you’d expect to get hot water and definitely more power!?

I’m just after getting mine fitted today, which I purchased several months ago. I’ve used it once and it’s the same as you described. The hot water is only warm and not too powerful (not even on the hand held part) yet, when the cold is on, it’s very powerful. (Both parts) When I put the eco button it, it is better but it drops temperature and is fairly cold. It must just be the way they are?? For the price of them, you’d expect to get hot water and definitely more power!?
The eco button Micro switch is not making contact mate, the company that makes and supplies these to Victorian plumbing will tell you to put a washer between the shower unit and the wall behind, basically an admission of design fault....if contact VP and tell them you want ya money back

The eco button Micro switch is not making contact mate, the company that makes and supplies these to Victorian plumbing will tell you to put a washer between the shower unit and the wall behind, basically an admission of design fault....if contact VP and tell them you want ya money back
Hi mate. I read the eco button is meant to be more for the “summer months” which will reduce the kw down to 5 kw. When I pushed it in, it made my shower more powerful, from which it was set at the warmest point. As I said, the cold shower is really powerful but when I put it to hot, it loses a lot of power and isn’t “hot” and just warm.

Hi mate. I read the eco button is meant to be more for the “summer months” which will reduce the kw down to 5 kw. When I pushed it in, it made my shower more powerful, from which it was set at the warmest point. As I said, the cold shower is really powerful but when I put it to hot, it loses a lot of power and isn’t “hot” and just warm.
The water will be more powerful in eco mode as the shower doesn’t have to heat the water so much...the force of water is nothing to do with the shower that’s dependent on your water pressure from the mains,

One element in the shower always has a higher resistance than the other one 20amp the other 15amp (bigclivedotcom did a shower teardown) - soz i should have read that it was sorted above lol

I would go with Creda showers all the time had mine for 7 years and not a problem and i have a 30 min shower every day which really should burn the shower out within a few years - Mira are pony and trap too many problems with em!

The eco mode microswitch just switches off the main element which is usually 20amp @Kiefer!

The water will be more powerful in eco mode as the shower doesn’t have to heat the water so much...the force of water is nothing to do with the shower that’s dependent on your water pressure from the mains,
Ok got you. Should the shower not be hotter than what it is, when it’s just on normal mode? It’s warm but not hot like you’d expect!
One element in the shower always has a higher resistance than the other one 20amp the other 15amp (bigclivedotcom did a shower teardown) - soz i should have read that it was sorted above lol

I would go with Creda showers all the time had mine for 7 years and not a problem and i have a 30 min shower every day which really should burn the shower out within a few years - Mira are pony and trap too many problems with em!

The eco mode microswitch just switches off the main element which is usually 20amp @Kiefer!
cheers! I don’t think I’ll need to use the eco button anytime as the normal (turned fully to hot) setting is like warm anyway. I’d definitely expect “hot” water from it?

Reply to Electric shower advice please..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net