Discuss Electrical/Decorating question :S in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

nowt wrong with a chalk line...i dont entirely trust lasers anyway....there alright most of the time but it only takes for the site `yeti` to come clomping round just after you`v got it set up.....
anyway..talking od leccy and decorating...i`m sure there was a thread in here once with a C/U that had been `wallpapered` to match the surroundings....i`v seen em splashed with emulsion quite a bit.....

Mine's decorated with dust & cobwebs to match its surroundings. :)

As for the spacing yes it does look a bit odd from certain angles but it's pretty spot on,iirc there is one different to the others although I'm not sure why,it was 5 years ago now!!!they were all measured identically,the issue was that the walls are nowhere near square as its an extension obviously not built bang on,there's about an inch out from one end to the other which in a 5 metre work top run really caught me out.
Thankfully the work top man was spot on and used his magic to line it all up.
ive seen way worse pro installs but way better,suppose its the same with any trade.

They don't look spot on to me,

They don't look spot on to me,

Like I said its not easy to judge via my pictures but there's definitely one out,I honestly can't remember why but it was something to do with a joist or pipe,I'm really not that sure,it worked out nicely in the end as it gave a touch more light onto the entrance between to the two parts of the main kitchen.

As for the rad guilty as charged but purely as a quick fix to prove they worked,yet sadly working away with far more important jobs to do the quick fix has stayed,all new pipes and boxing to go in......

One day!!!!
its a big house and therefore takes more time to do,plus we keep changing our minds about what's best.
And I've been known to suffer from lazy-it-is!!!!

Like I said its not easy to judge via my pictures but there's definitely one out,I honestly can't remember why but it was something to do with a joist or pipe,I'm really not that sure,it worked out nicely in the end as it gave a touch more light onto the entrance between to the two parts of the main kitchen.

As for the rad guilty as charged but purely as a quick fix to prove they worked,yet sadly working away with far more important jobs to do the quick fix has stayed,all new pipes and boxing to go in......

One day!!!!
its a big house and therefore takes more time to do,plus we keep changing our minds about what's best.
And I've been known to suffer from lazy-it-is!!!!

What's that old saying about cobblers children going barefoot:)
I should add that I have no room to talk

Nice looking setup you have there, looks very suave apart from the PVC overload in the corner caused by the water chiller.

Nice doggy by the way :)

Nice looking setup you have there, looks very suave apart from the PVC overload in the corner caused by the water chiller.

Nice doggy by the way :)

Cheers man yeah the water chiller is pants,It used to get hidden by the curtains but doggy destroyed them!!!!
yes she's very cute,10 now but still looks like a puppy to be fair,cleverest animal I've ever come across,if she could speak we'd all be answering to her.
Two close ups!!!
0f3d3628.jpg

8314aa6e.jpg

Not sure what their reputation is in south Africa but they get a lot of bad press here due to chav's trying to make them "hard".
they are tough as old boots but people forget they were bred to tenderise the meat of prize cows as they went into market hence don't really have the fear gene in them anyway!!!
Best dogs around kids as well,recommended by the kennel club.
Bellas my first pet aged 36 but I'll be heartbroken when she goes.
How off topic are we now,guilty as charged.

I've been in this house since 2008 & still haven't filled the chases I cut in the walls to do the rewire!!
obviously awaiting additional cabling.

Reply to Electrical/Decorating question :S in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net