Discuss Electrical tender question in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help,I am currently putting a tender together for a contract,I have done a few tenders in the past some successful some not.

On this particular tender there are asking me to provide " details of MCD that you offer"

I have looked through previous tenders and done a bit research but I unsure what this is, it has never been asked for before in other tenders I have submitted

Can anyone tell me what this is so I can include it in my tender

Thanks in advance

I have come across CDM before, which is Construction, Design and Management regulations.

This usually includes, but not limited to: Method statements, risk assessments, H&S policy and H&S file which is reviewed and updated during construction, this latter part is to be made available to the client.

This also takes into account any statutory regulations that will need to be complied with.

Iam not sure if this is what you are after, but if you are in any doubt just ask them, as different organisations word or abbreviate things differently.

MCD is main contractor discount. as a general rule it is usually 1/39th (or 2.5%) discount on tender amount for payment within terms. However certain main contractors still like upto 7.5%

Strictly speaking the 2.5% is ADDED to your costs tho... I dont have time to explain now (probably due to the vast amounts of tenders I need to get out) However in basic terms the 2.5% is added to your costs that the main contractor submits to the client, however when you invoice the main contractor you deduct the 2.5% again hence the discount to the MC.

To add the 2.5% MCD to your Price:

Your Cost + 1/39th of Your Cost = Contract Sum

If your cost is £10000.00

10000 + 10000/39

=10000 + 256.41

= £10256.41

When you submit your invoice:

10256.41 - 2.5% = 10256.41 - 256.41

=£10000.00

If you add 2.5% to your costs, when the discount is taken off by the Main Contractor, he will be taking off more money than you put on for him!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Electrical tender question in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock