Discuss Electrician messed up ground connections ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

12nate12

DIY
Reaction score
I had an electrician wire a hot tub . And from what I see the did not ground it properly. Or will this work how they did it with the ground? And they didn't use 6 gauge copper wire they twisted a couple together ?

Electrician messed up ground connections ? Screenshot_20190922-204907_Gallery - EletriciansForums.net

No earth sleeving and lots of exposed copper on live connections also. Maybe this is how they do things over there?

I had an electrician wire a hot tub . And from what I see the did not ground it properly. Or will this work how they did it with the ground? And they didn't use 6 gauge copper wire they twisted a couple together ?

View attachment 52464
12nate12 was this person a real electrician with license, I’m not going to call him an electrician. You need to call him and get his a— back to your house. That looks terrible and very well could be dangerous. For once I’m speechless.
[automerge]1569245787[/automerge]
12nate12 was this person a real electrician with license, I’m not going to call him an electrician. You need to call him and get his a— back to your house. That looks terrible and very well could be dangerous. For once I’m speechless.
He is using a 3 phase breaker in a single phase panel and I can tell that he did not draw a permit. No inspector in the US would not pass this off. My advice to you would be is to contact your local code enforcement office or contact Atlanta board of examiners of electrical contractors. I would not get in that hot tub.
[automerge]1569245846[/automerge]

[automerge]1569246286[/automerge]

He is using a 3 phase breaker in a single phase panel and I can tell that he did not draw a permit. No inspector in the US would not pass this off. My advice to you would be is to contact your local code enforcement office or contact Atlanta board of examiners of electrical contractors. I would not get in that hot tub.
I should have told you don’t have him come back because it is obviously plain as day he doesn’t know what he is doing. Please call the places I told you about and good luck. If you need our help please don’t hesitate to contact us and please let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

[automerge]1569246286[/automerge]

I should have told you don’t have him come back because it is obviously plain as day he doesn’t know what he is doing. Please call the places I told you about and good luck. If you need our help please don’t hesitate to contact us and please let us know how it turns out.

Yeah I'm going to look at what he did and trace it all the way back to the house breaker. From what I can tell the two grounds should be switched . But it is even allowed to twist multiple wires together to make the bigger ground .... Is that safe?

Yeah I'm going to look at what he did and trace it all the way back to the house breaker. From what I can tell the two grounds should be switched . But it is even allowed to twist multiple wires together to make the bigger ground .... Is that safe?
No, please hire a license electrician and file a complaint with the agency’s I provided because he needs to be stopped. After they investigate you will be reimbursed your money back I can promise you that. We are talking about water which will kill y’all. Ask for thier license number from now on.

He is using a 3 phase breaker in a single phase panel and I can tell that he did not draw a permit.

I realise there are other issues here, but that doesn't look like a three phase breaker, it has two line and one neutral outgoing, with a pigtail neutral incoming. That looks to me to be what we call an RCBO, I don't know what you would call it, but it is a circuit breaker and GFCI in the same device.

I realise there are other issues here, but that doesn't look like a three phase breaker, it has two line and one neutral outgoing, with a pigtail neutral incoming. That looks to me to be what we call an RCBO, I don't know what you would call it, but it is a circuit breaker and GFCI in the same device.
You are right, I found this online Siemens QF250 2 pole GFCI

Looks exactly like what's on the picture in first post

Reply to Electrician messed up ground connections ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock