• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Electrician's mate looking for work in South Wales area in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have C&G 2330 in electrical installations level 2 & 3 which I did in college a few years ago.
I've recently signed up to an online college to do a full scope electrician's course so I'm looking to get some experience. I completed the ECS H&S test last month and had 44/45 but because I haven't got an apprenticeship or an employer in the Electrical industry I have to go down the CSCS route.

Anyone that could take a chance on me with a 3 or 6 month trial period would be amazing! I am willing to work for minimum wage.

I'm eager to get into the electrical industry and would do anything to do this even if it means working on weekends for free just to get the experience that I so desperately need!

Thanks.

You have to remember he had 44/45 in the H+S and @SparkyChick as very high standards!
Best wishes, hope you get the experience.

Important things to remember about me if we ever end up working together:-
  • Black coffee means coffee without milk (everybody that has asked if I'd like a drink has asked me if I'd like milk with my black coffee) and no, I'm sure I don't want sugar... just black coffee... without milk
  • Beer vs. Black coffee - Beer wins every time (unless I'm driving)
  • I'm fairly easy going and I don't like to be rushed
  • I'm not good when it comes to providing advice about design elements (for example, when a customer can't choose what sort of light fitting they want). I worry they'll take my advice, it will look naff and they'll never call me again.
  • I like to have a laugh. Laughter is good for the soul and it's important that people working together can have a laugh together (preferably over a cold beer :D)
  • I don't like people who blindly follow instructions (even when they suspect or know they are wrong)
  • There's nothing like a good smutty joke... one of my favourites when asked where I've been "I've just had a young gentlemen sticking his tool in my mouth"... well, what else are you going to say when you've just been to the dentist? :rolleyes:
  • I'm not a feminist (as I've mentioned before) and I don't subscribe to the current (3rd wave I believe) ideas. It should be about equality of opportunity not equality of outcome and as there is apparently a legislative program to address the gender pay gap, if you're a feminist and you're reading this... repeat after me... "The gender pay gap does not exist. If I want to earn the same as men, I need to make the same life choices" (which if you've not got a clue, normally means you'll have to spend a lot less time watching your kids grow up and a lot more time working - although if they get their way it will be a case of having ones cake and eating it). Oh and keep your hands off office banter, sexist jokes and cat calling. I'm looking forward to having a figure that warrants a good wolf whistle again... by the chance I get there though it will be illegal and all my efforts will have been in vain... flippin' feminisists!
And as I've said before, there's a whole bunch of you guys I'd love to work with for the experience and chance to learn.

If I had enough work to take on people permanently I would, but I don't at this time, so bits here and there when the job is to big for me to handle on my own is the best I can do at this juncture.

Hahaha I hope we can work together some time. You sound like a right laugh. It would defo be quite the experience.
And who doesnt know that black coffee means coffee without the milk!? Thats just common sense surely.
More of a tea kinda guy myself and an ice cold cider goes down well any time lol

Important things to remember about me if we ever end up working together:-
  • Black coffee means coffee without milk (everybody that has asked if I'd like a drink has asked me if I'd like milk with my black coffee) and no, I'm sure I don't want sugar... just black coffee... without milk
  • Beer vs. Black coffee - Beer wins every time (unless I'm driving)
  • I'm fairly easy going and I don't like to be rushed
  • I'm not good when it comes to providing advice about design elements (for example, when a customer can't choose what sort of light fitting they want). I worry they'll take my advice, it will look naff and they'll never call me again.
  • I like to have a laugh. Laughter is good for the soul and it's important that people working together can have a laugh together (preferably over a cold beer :D)
  • I don't like people who blindly follow instructions (even when they suspect or know they are wrong)
  • There's nothing like a good smutty joke... one of my favourites when asked where I've been "I've just had a young gentlemen sticking his tool in my mouth"... well, what else are you going to say when you've just been to the dentist? :rolleyes:
  • I'm not a feminist (as I've mentioned before) and I don't subscribe to the current (3rd wave I believe) ideas. It should be about equality of opportunity not equality of outcome and as there is apparently a legislative program to address the gender pay gap, if you're a feminist and you're reading this... repeat after me... "The gender pay gap does not exist. If I want to earn the same as men, I need to make the same life choices" (which if you've not got a clue, normally means you'll have to spend a lot less time watching your kids grow up and a lot more time working - although if they get their way it will be a case of having ones cake and eating it). Oh and keep your hands off office banter, sexist jokes and cat calling. I'm looking forward to having a figure that warrants a good wolf whistle again... by the chance I get there though it will be illegal and all my efforts will have been in vain... flippin' feminisists!
And as I've said before, there's a whole bunch of you guys I'd love to work with for the experience and chance to learn.

If I had enough work to take on people permanently I would, but I don't at this time, so bits here and there when the job is to big for me to handle on my own is the best I can do at this juncture.
I did think it said ' if we ever end up waking up together' - I thought Ooh are they forward over the bridge!

Not yet, I'm slowly working my way through the fancy beers at Asda. Its great they have a huge selection these days.

Nothing fancy about SA but a good drink, especially on tap. Not sure if they sell it in Asda but if you have a local Morrison's they sell it.

Reply to Electrician's mate looking for work in South Wales area in the Electrical Work - Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock