• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss email, failure on samsung phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
galaxy S6. was fine with emails till back in august last year, it stopped receiving emails. also i can't send. the email account works perfectly on laptop, but no traffic to/from phone. i have not altered any settings. anyone have a scooby?

westward10

In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream.
Staff member
galaxy S6. was fine with emails till back in august last year, it stopped receiving emails. also i can't send. the email account works perfectly on laptop, but no traffic to/from phone. i have not altered any settings. anyone have a scooby?
You may need to go into settings and reinput the password for your email provider. Had this a couple of weeks ago with an S8 just suddenly stopped. May not sort yours but it did with ours.

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
I did the same as westy after having the same problem S8+

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
You may need to go into settings and reinput the password for your email provider. Had this a couple of weeks ago with an S8 just suddenly stopped. May not sort yours but it did with ours.
done that. first indication was that it said access failed. password has changed, so i reset password through hotmail. now i have access but no email traffic.

westward10

Staff member
Have you actually entered this password to the phone.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
and i've looked at that link. don't have option of server settings.

westward10

Staff member
If you have changed your Hotmail password but not entered it into the phone this is almost certainly the issue. Send some emails from your phone even though they will fail the password request may pop up on the phone.

Last edited:

SJD

Forum Mentor
I have a Samsung phone that once in a while stops receiving email.

Sometimes a reboot will cure it, sometimes I have to also delete the account and then add it again, which seems to work. Curiously, this only happens with one of my accounts on the phone, not others - and I think the settings are slightly different between them.

I put it down to bugs in the software.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
If you have cahanged your Hotmail password but not entered it into the phone this is almost certainly the issue. Send some emails from your phone even though they will fail the password request may pop up on the phone.
done that. i had to enter the new password to get server access. just checked and found the sent emails are listed in phone but no incoming. also there are no emails in specified folders, although there'sloads there over several years

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
suddenly , emails from today and yesterday have appeared, but earlier ones not there. i blame SWD. he's put a curse on it.:confused:, just because i won't nick him an ipone.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
seems to be. i'll need to see what comes in tomorrow. never had any problems with my last phone:

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
seems to be. i'll need to see what comes in tomorrow. never had any problems with my last phone:

That brings back memories, I had the Motorola one.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.