Discuss email, failure on samsung phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
galaxy S6. was fine with emails till back in august last year, it stopped receiving emails. also i can't send. the email account works perfectly on laptop, but no traffic to/from phone. i have not altered any settings. anyone have a scooby?

galaxy S6. was fine with emails till back in august last year, it stopped receiving emails. also i can't send. the email account works perfectly on laptop, but no traffic to/from phone. i have not altered any settings. anyone have a scooby?
You may need to go into settings and reinput the password for your email provider. Had this a couple of weeks ago with an S8 just suddenly stopped. May not sort yours but it did with ours.

I did the same as westy after having the same problem S8+

You may need to go into settings and reinput the password for your email provider. Had this a couple of weeks ago with an S8 just suddenly stopped. May not sort yours but it did with ours.
done that. first indication was that it said access failed. password has changed, so i reset password through hotmail. now i have access but no email traffic.

Have you actually entered this password to the phone.

and i've looked at that link. don't have option of server settings.

If you have changed your Hotmail password but not entered it into the phone this is almost certainly the issue. Send some emails from your phone even though they will fail the password request may pop up on the phone.

Last edited:
I have a Samsung phone that once in a while stops receiving email.

Sometimes a reboot will cure it, sometimes I have to also delete the account and then add it again, which seems to work. Curiously, this only happens with one of my accounts on the phone, not others - and I think the settings are slightly different between them.

I put it down to bugs in the software.

If you have cahanged your Hotmail password but not entered it into the phone this is almost certainly the issue. Send some emails from your phone even though they will fail the password request may pop up on the phone.
done that. i had to enter the new password to get server access. just checked and found the sent emails are listed in phone but no incoming. also there are no emails in specified folders, although there'sloads there over several years

suddenly , emails from today and yesterday have appeared, but earlier ones not there. i blame SWD. he's put a curse on it.:confused:, just because i won't nick him an ipone.

seems to be. i'll need to see what comes in tomorrow. never had any problems with my last phone:

email, failure on samsung phone {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

seems to be. i'll need to see what comes in tomorrow. never had any problems with my last phone:

email, failure on samsung phone {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
That brings back memories, I had the Motorola one.

Reply to email, failure on samsung phone in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock