Discuss ESC Card for Electrical Labourer or Trainee - Help and Advice. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I’ve tried agencies but the cards a must unfortunately. There are no lads on our course in the industry. I will ask the place that I’m doing it if they have any advice. I will phone ECS on Monday and see what they say. Surly it can’t be this hard to get a card.

This is my reply from JIB a few months back.

The idea of the Trainee cards is to parallel the Apprenticeship route for mature students, therefore you would have to be enrolled towards the NVQ Level 3 with a training provider and also working with a company undergoing formal industry. It's not so much that you're applying for a card, but more that you're confirming your registration with a scheme towards formal industry requirements, which is why being employed with a company is a requirement.

I hope this helps clarify the requirements.

I’ve tried agencies but the cards a must unfortunately. There are no lads on our course in the industry. I will ask the place that I’m doing it if they have any advice. I will phone ECS on Monday and see what they say. Surly it can’t be this hard to get a card.

They have told you why you cant have a trainee card.....because you are not working with a firm as a trainee. A CSCS will do. That will get you on site as a Mate. Someone with a trainee card can't work unsupervised either so what difference does it make until you are qualified??

They have told you why you cant have a trainee card.....because you are not working with a firm as a trainee. A CSCS will do. That will get you on site as a Mate. Someone with a trainee card can't work unsupervised either so what difference does it make until you are qualified??

I can’t get a CSCS card as a Labourer. You need to pass another a H&S exam. The thing is I’m looking for work now, well as I’m currently unemployed. That is the difference. I understand that either as a trainee or a mate your basically a dogs body to fetch and carry and yes gain experience. What I’m saying is nobody will take you on without a card, but then you can’t get the card because of the qualifications. But I’m in need of some work.

Here is the link to the CSCS:Construction Skills Certification Scheme | Official CSCS Website - Labourer - https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/labourer/

I can’t get a CSCS card as a Labourer. You need to pass another a H&S exam. The thing is I’m looking for work now, well as I’m currently unemployed. That is the difference. I understand that either as a trainee or a mate your basically a dogs body to fetch and carry and yes gain experience. What I’m saying is nobody will take you on without a card, but then you can’t get the card because of the qualifications. But I’m in need of some work.

OK.....no worries. Maybe it's changed now. I have mates who just had CSCS card with no quals who used to get work on sites through agencies. That was quite a few years back though. ...

OK.....no worries. Maybe it's changed now. I have mates who just had CSCS card with no quals who used to get work on sites through agencies. That was quite a few years back though. ...

It’s all changed now. Probably to stop people with no qualifications getting a card. Seem impossible to get into the industry.

Hi. Did you have any luck? I'm in the exact same situation and have been scouring the internet for months.

If you've passed the level 2 or 3 then you automatically qualify for the labourers ECS card as long as you pass their H&S test.

If you havent passed either the level 2 or level 3 then you have to be in employment to receive one.

The rules were updated a few months back.

Hi mate..

I'm in the same boat as you were.. I have completed my level 2 and my H&S assessment, currently doing my level 3. But finding it very difficult to find a employer in order to get my ecs card. Nightmare!

Hi mate..

I'm in the same boat as you were.. I have completed my level 2 and my H&S assessment, currently doing my level 3. But finding it very difficult to find a employer in order to get my ecs card. Nightmare!

Will this card not be enough?

Hi mate..

You dont need an employer to get a labourers card as you already hold the level 2.

I have completed a level 3 - C&G 2357 course but and recently a ECS safety course. Now the site tells me I need endorsement for a labourer (2018) card?
Anyone else having same issue

I am looking at getting the NVQ done with a training provider called Xssollutions do you think they could help?

the trouble is how do you get on an agency job with no ECS card ?

I have completed a level 3 - C&G 2357 course but and recently a ECS safety course. Now the site tells me I need endorsement for a labourer (2018) card?
Anyone else having same issue

I am looking at getting the NVQ done with a training provider called Xssollutions do you think they could help?

the trouble is how do you get on an agency job with no ECS card ?
Have you considered XS training, a forum sponsor. I couldn’t recommend them more, they will help get your nvq done and sort an ECS card out ?

Im in same sittuation. Have completed 2365-02 and doing 2365-03. Have completed ECS health and safety but when trying to apply it keeps saying i need endorser/employed.

Thought i was going down route 1 which doesnt mention needing to be employed. Very confusing.

Nervermind. Just phoned them up thinking it was going to be a nightmare. Route 1 is correct if dont have employer. Something wrong with there system so nice lady on phone overrided that and have now applied and payed.

Just phone them up if having probs. Long wait but quickly sorted.

Good luck.

Reply to ESC Card for Electrical Labourer or Trainee - Help and Advice. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net