Discuss Fan in Bathroom in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Darius-parky

Hi guys. A client wants me to fit a fan in her bathroom.

She wants it to be operated with bathroom light. So far so good. It is a low voltage fan, 1.5 mm feed connected to bathroom light SL going to transformer and from tranny to pull core switch into the fan. But she wants to be able to operate it without having the light on as well. For instance in a during the day when she doesn't need to switch the light on.

Would I be able to do that? Is this possible? Am I making sence or have I forgotten to take my brain out of the freezer. Any advise please?

tAKE THE FEED TO THE FAN VIA A DIFFERENT PULL SWITCH,IE,L&N FROM LIGHT TO PULL SWITCH TO TRANNY TO FAN,ALTERNATIVE AND BETTER WOULD BE TO USE A SWITCHED FUSE SPUR EXTERNAL TO THE BATHROOM.
HOPE THATS RIGHT
ATVBITWWW

Thanks Rum. The first method from light to pull switch to tranny to fan is absolutely fine. This way when she turns the bathroom light on she can operate the fan via pull switch. But she wants to be able to operate the fan without having to rely on the light being turned on as well.

I think I'll have to look for a two gang pull switch for her. One gang connected to the light SL and one gang having direct feed. In any case since there is only one trigger point on the fan she has to put up with the quick flash in the bathroom light wehn she tries to operate it independently as the light would be in parallel with the fan.

Does it make sence to you?

No You Didnt Read My Answer Right ,take L&n To Switch ,NOT The Switch Wire And Neutral .
You Will Nead A Different Switch For The Fan ,seperate From The Light
Good Luck:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Darius,
The fan will trigger (as you put it) ,as soon as it gets some juice ,weather it gets it from a switchwire or a live,
if you want it to run perminent ,ie ,not on its timer you wlll need to bypass the timer in the fan if there isnt a terminal to enable perminent running,and feed it with a live,not a switchwire
also i dont get why the light would flash ,if you wire it in parrell with it ,why?
and do they do 2 gang pull swiches,ive never sean one,if you find one please let me know.
all the best with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Fan in Bathroom in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock