Discuss Fecking Customers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spark-doctor

How do you house bashers deal with people all day long?:mad::mad::mad:It would drive me nuts. If you are not being accused of ripping them off then you are being accused of dogey work or not knowing what you are talking about.:mad::mad::mad:

I am staying with commercial:mad::mad::mad:

:D you become immune after a while,just nod,smile,and the odd grunt ,when they telling you all their woes start chasing or something equally noisey :eek: that normally works.the old dears are the best tea and bickies all day long,shame they stink of p,ss:rolleyes:

Get better clients. And show them your a pro and they tend to respect you. Be clean, turn up on time and if they get funny cut them short very quickly.

Have to say that the private customers I do work for have been usually grateful and pleased with the work.

However, most of my work (the day job) is rewiring council houses and whilst some of the tenants are really lovely and a pleasure to work for we do see a lot of ungrateful chavs with no visible means of support, who spend all day chain smoking and watching Jeremy Kyle thinking they are watching a documentary. Can't make out why they often have 4*4's to take the kids to school in, the biggest TV's and the full Sky package. I find the best way of dealing with that sort is to turn all of the electricity off all day on the grounds of "Elf 'n' Safety" - that way they usually disappear for the day.

Particularly bitter as we are working in yet another one like this this week. Glad it's Friday!

Domestic, commercial, industrial, you get "bad" customers in all of them.

Look at it in a positive way, if it wasn't for the bad customers you wouldn't appreciate the good ones!!!!

Have to say that the private customers I do work for have been usually grateful and pleased with the work.

However, most of my work (the day job) is rewiring council houses and whilst some of the tenants are really lovely and a pleasure to work for we do see a lot of ungrateful chavs with no visible means of support, who spend all day chain smoking and watching Jeremy Kyle thinking they are watching a documentary. Can't make out why they often have 4*4's to take the kids to school in, the biggest TV's and the full Sky package. I find the best way of dealing with that sort is to turn all of the electricity off all day on the grounds of "Elf 'n' Safety" - that way they usually disappear for the day.

Particularly bitter as we are working in yet another one like this this week. Glad it's Friday!

Under elf n safety you can refuse to work in house if chain smoking as while in their house it is your work place, which under current legislation makes working in someone home a minefield.

Under elf n safety you can refuse to work in house if chain smoking as while in their house it is your work place, which under current legislation makes working in someone home a minefield.

Yes, I'm aware of this and the tennant pack states this too. To be fair, most of them won't smoke whilst you are in the room. And those that do, well, we just chase the walls and drive 'em out!

It's all well and good having these rules, but enforcing them is another issue entirely. If we decided to not work in a house because of smoke / dirt / thought the tennant would turn lary / disabled people blocking the exit if we need to get out in an emergency and so on, we would never get any work done! Sometimes you have to look at the situation and make a decision to enable you to get on with the job. Whereas we will be supported if we pull out of a job because it's council properties and a big firm, for financial reasons sole traders and small firms may not have that option.

How do you house bashers deal with people all day long?:mad::mad::mad:It would drive me nuts. If you are not being accused of ripping them off then you are being accused of dogey work or not knowing what you are talking about.:mad::mad::mad:

I am staying with commercial:mad::mad::mad:

Try taking your frustration out a different way. Pull a 400mm 4 core over a roller shutter door. It's fun!!!!:D

Reply to Fecking Customers in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock