Discuss Fire Angel Heat and Smokes in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking at wireless heat and smoke detectors that can be interlinked.

Fire Angel do a range of these. Just want to know, are these ok seeing as they're wireless?

Do heat/smokes have to be hard wired? Or will these wireless ones that can be linked be ok?

Thanks
T

So need to fit a heat detector in a new extension where a new kitchen will be fitted, only small 3m X 3m.
Then need to add a smoke detector in the room where the old kitchen would have been and another in the upstairs hallway.

They have previously had battery powered only smoke detectors which aren't linked in any way shape or form hence why I am replacing them.

I'm just looking at alternatives methods to having to link them all with 3 core because I want to avoid chasing out the walls etc etc etc

So wondered if I could get the three I need by fireangel and fit them. Would this be ok by 'the regs'

Thanks for the reply @essex
T

So need to fit a heat detector in a new extension where a new kitchen will be fitted, only small 3m X 3m.
Then need to add a smoke detector in the room where the old kitchen would have been and another in the upstairs hallway.

They have previously had battery powered only smoke detectors which aren't linked in any way shape or form hence why I am replacing them.

I'm just looking at alternatives methods to having to link them all with 3 core because I want to avoid chasing out the walls etc etc etc

So wondered if I could get the three I need by fireangel and fit them. Would this be ok by 'the regs'

Thanks for the reply @essex
T

In this instance perfectly ok for wireless.

essex,
could you explain in which circumstances you wouldn't be permitted to use wireless? Is it the distance between the detectors or the different areas they are located????

Not that in some instances you cannot use wireless just in some cases you cannot use the wireless systems detailed by the op. Such as a Grade A system.

I have these fireangel wireless interlinked alarms installed in my house. The batteries don't last very long (2 years or so) and they are quite temperamental. Intermittent chirps have started again and it's really annoying. Gonna rip them out and install mains wired ones next time I refurbish the house.

Avoid those if you can or try a different brand.

Aico for me. Fitted quite a few and just like them, as do the clients. It's a plus that I have found their people to be very helpful on the phone.
Only tiny niggle is sometimes I have a wee bit of hassle getting them all to see each other at first setup, but that's probably just me. Quality kit, imho.

Reply to Fire Angel Heat and Smokes in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock