Discuss Fire rated down lights ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there fire rated down lights in a dropped false ceiling with no insulation and 2.5 watt LED lamps in cladding in kitchen with room space above not part of bs7671 but coding opinions if we do for safety ?

Hi there fire rated down lights in a dropped false ceiling with no insulation and 2.5 watt LED lamps in cladding in kitchen with room space above not part of bs7671 but coding opinions if we do for safety ?

If they are fire rated then what is the issue?

They are not fire rated but have low wattage gu10 2.5 watt lamps in them on pvc cladding in a domestic kitchen with a room above would you still fire rate these under no thermal damage visual what so ever

Is this in a standard domestic dwelling, or separate flats?

Do the lights penetrate any fire barriers?

I'm not sure what questioning I'm answering, but as most down lights now are manufactured as Part B, E (& vapour), generally cheap as chips, seems no reason, why to fit anything else?

Reply to Fire rated down lights ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, a very long time I did a swanky grand designs type new build in the middle of nowhere, so in the middle of nowhere that it's a house with...
Replies
Views
I've asked a similar question before I think and we came to the conclusion that apart from new houses and HMO's etc there aren't any rules about...
Replies
Views
Our electrician has fitted these LED downlights: https://ansell-lighting.com/en/products/prism-pro-cct-fire-rated-downlight-dual-wattage Due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm planning on adding some lighting to an old stone shed, there's currently a 2.5mm² SWA supply to the shed only supplying one IP rated...
Replies
Views
Hi there I’ve got some spots to install in some shelves being put up. This sounds very straight forward I know but I was only thinking, do they...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock