Discuss First Commercial Work in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

nrd

Welcome all,

This is my first post on this Forum and also first major commercial work.

New supply 3x 200A is to be established in a 5th floor building. There are 6 consumer units on each floor and 3 fusegears (two 3x45A and one 3x63A).
EDF sent a letter with drawing of a new supply arrangement. On a drawing tails runs from main head/cut-out to Ryefield DB and from DB to meters. Thing is there gonna be one 3phase(or three on each phase) meter but on a drawing as I think they presumed there is 6 or more (additional for three 3phase isolators) meters.

The question is wether I can run tails from cut-out to meter first and from meter to Ryefield DB, make a bridge connection there for three isolator wich have fuses inside. In Reyfield DB there would be fuses for 6 consumer units only
Another solution is to fit 3x200A Isolator without Ryefield DB ?

I tried to contact EDF technical department but it wasnt easy:)

Cheers
Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
either way you want the meters before teh isolator unless your using analgoue ones i dont really understand the question sure sum 1 will.

this is a complicated post ,what i dont get is usually you run from cut out to meters to distribrution, then if you want to add meters,per distribution , go ahead
i'm definitly no expert on this but i advise you to get clarification with edf otherwise they could be delays

Reply to First Commercial Work in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock