Discuss First Private Job in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deanwil999

I am a 2nd year apprentice and am about to do my first private job.

Just wanted some help on pricing it up and wanted to know how much should i charge for labour for the following works, as i havent done this before?

- Change over 2 bathroom lights.
- Change over 2 double sockets.
- Put in 2 wall lights and a switch for them (would involve chopping out the walls)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Deanwil999

depends on a few things really
do you know the customer well friend / girlfriends mum etc or is it just a punter
2nd how long do you expect the job to take ie if its floor boards or chipboard(god help you if it is ).
3, how much are you having to pay out for a test certificate
labour only for a mate i would charge 1 days labour £120+expenses for a mate
anybody else £200+expenses.

Reply to First Private Job in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just wondering what the general situation is with other people on smaller jobs, do you give a quote or estimate to the client before you...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock