Discuss Fitting solar advice qualifications in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah news yesterday said price cap is going up to £4.1k not the previously mentioned £3.2k. It's a disgrace, Eon reported record profits yesterday. Lots of people are going to be bypassing their meters.

How does this work? I'm led to believe caps are placed on unit price and standing charge, rather than total bill?

I don't wish to appear cynical, but I'm not sure that 'the news' is generally a reliable source of news.

How does this work? I'm led to believe caps are placed on unit price and standing charge, rather than total bill?

I don't wish to appear cynical, but I'm not sure that 'the news' is generally a reliable source of news.
The last time the news said the price of utilities was going up my bill went from £58/month to £230/month so i'm inclined to believe them.

utility bills cap - Recherche Google - https://www.google.com/search?q=utility+bills+cap&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjZh7TJhL35AhXMEsAKHfhaD8QQ_AUoA3oECAIQBQ&biw=1600&bih=737 Common knowledge at this point.

I won't be paying it though, the Henley Block Fairy is going to visit mine this Crimbo.

The last time the news said the price of utilities was going up my bill went from £58/month to £230/month so i'm inclined to believe them.

utility bills cap - Recherche Google - https://www.google.com/search?q=utility+bills+cap&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjZh7TJhL35AhXMEsAKHfhaD8QQ_AUoA3oECAIQBQ&biw=1600&bih=737 Common knowledge at this point.

I won't be paying it though, the Henley Block Fairy is going to visit mine this Crimbo.

Sounds like a daft plan and one that may well increase your financial burden.

If crime is your response to rising utility bills, it might be better to aim for something that would be rewarded with free food and accommodation at her Majesty's pleasure.

On that first issue, I'm assuming the news correctly predicted that your bill would rise to exactly £230? If not, you would appear to be confirming my point.

Sounds like a daft plan and one that may well increase your financial burden.

If crime is your response to rising utility bills, it might be better to aim for something that would be rewarded with free food and accommodation at her Majesty's pleasure.

On that first issue, I'm assuming the news correctly predicted that your bill would rise to exactly £230? If not, you would appear to be confirming my point.
You arguing with yourself? Cause i'm not interested in arguing with you mate. Bills are going up, solar is paying for itself in 2 years. Simples.

You arguing with yourself? Cause i'm not interested in arguing with you mate. Bills are going up, solar is paying for itself in 2 years. Simples.

Asking questions and pointing out the consequences of ill-conceived actions isn't being argumentative - it's generally referred to as 'conversation'.

Bills are indeed going up - I think everyone can agree on that much.

As for solar paying for itself in two years; I can offer you an installation if it comes with guaranteed 2 year payback.

I don’t think the solar is @nicebutdim ,s issue. It’s condoning breaking the law by bypassing the meter. Unless that was a joke. if so a funny smiley emoji may have helped😀

That and the oft repeated statement that 'bills are going up by X amount'. Bills are going up due to increased unit price and standing charge - individual bills are determined on the basis of energy used and not some figure put forth by the media.

That and the oft repeated statement that 'bills are going up by X amount'. Bills are going up due to increased unit price and standing charge - individual bills are determined on the basis of energy used and not some figure put forth by the media.
Have to agree. These quoted totals we are going to pay are meaningless unless you know what our usage is.

the governments stating 33 p perkwh electric and 10p per kWh gas I accept.

the new proposed 51p per kWh for electric and 13 p for gas. I also accept.

but these £3000. £4500 caps are meaningless without knowing the total usage of each person.

If you can offer a solar installation that pays for itself in 2 years then I can get you quite a few to do. Send me details please.

If you can offer a solar installation that pays for itself in 2 years then I can get you quite a few to do. Send me details please.
Actually it wont be long before thats a reality at retail level. I can achieve 2 years, buying at trade and installing myself for my home at 30p/kwh. If i could convince some trees to shrink i probably could get that even quicker🤔

Actually it wont be long before thats a reality at retail level. I can achieve 2 years, buying at trade and installing myself for my home at 30p/kwh. If i could convince some trees to shrink i probably could get that even quicker🤔

It could well happen, but much depends on how far the current situation is allowed to progress.

Today my daughter showed me a Tiktok video extolling the virtues of French electricity production and how cost to consumers is a fraction of what we pay in the UK. What it didn't explain was the real situation in France: plants off line due to huge maintenance overruns, record levels of net imports from neighbouring countries and EDF being forced to sell below cost price. I'm not sure how long French tax revenue will be able to sustain subsidised electricity or what will happen when the whole show inevitebly sh!ts the bed.

Too busy.

But you can get inverter-only set ups that will make your electric basically free during the summer and take a massive edge off in winter depending on your usage and usage patterns of course. You can get them put in for less than £3k. Battery storage set ups you can get for £6-10k installed. £6000/£4000 (price cap come Jan) = what?

I am currently paying £1400/year for my electric and i don't use a great deal, and i've been told (by every news outlet in the country and the government) that that's going to go up in October and then again in January.

Simples.

I don’t think the solar is @nicebutdim ,s issue. It’s condoning breaking the law by bypassing the meter. Unless that was a joke. if so a funny smiley emoji may have helped😀
Mate there's nothing immoral about ensuring your family are warm and your fridge works. Is stealing of record breaking profit-makers during a time of massive economic downturn and poverty really stealing?

And anyway, it was a joke, although i know that never stops people on forums. Wait til Dim figures out your 'supplier' doesn't actually supply you with anything but a meter.

Mate there's nothing immoral about ensuring your family are warm and your fridge works. Is stealing of record breaking profit-makers during a time of massive economic downturn and poverty really stealing?

And anyway, it was a joke, although i know that never stops people on forums. Wait til Dim figures out your 'supplier' doesn't actually supply you with anything but a meter.
Half a like Isn’t available.
It was a joke brill, but still not to sure about two immoralities making a right.

Its a business, if oil companies want to make money. There is nothing we can do about it.

if we as individuals do a quote for a customer that they cannot afford, do we do it for free or just for what they can afford.

To control companies is bad for companies and the economy as a whole. The alternative is nationalise.
Nationalised companies just make the unions stronger and we have the strikes of 70s and 80s all over again.

just gone way off topic. Sorry.

Half a like Isn’t available.
It was a joke brill, but still not to sure about two immoralities making a right.

Its a business, if oil companies want to make money. There is nothing we can do about it.

if we as individuals do a quote for a customer that they cannot afford, do we do it for free or just for what they can afford.

To control companies is bad for companies and the economy as a whole. The alternative is nationalise.
Nationalised companies just make the unions stronger and we have the strikes of 70s and 80s all over again.

just gone way off topic. Sorry.
I'm a capitalist.

But when people literally are choosing between eating or staying warm and they put their prices up after record breaking billions in profit (ie, after everyone and everything is paid) just because they CAN, then i don't think 'stealing' from them is actually stealing. I don't think hungry people stealing food is a crime; other people do. That's fine and their prerogative.

What i do know is i'm currently getting between 2 and 5 requests per week to bypass meters for people. I haven't done any. Mainly because they can't afford it 😚😙😉🙃

I'm a capitalist.

But when people literally are choosing between eating or staying warm and they put their prices up after record breaking billions in profit (ie, after everyone and everything is paid) just because they CAN, then i don't think 'stealing' from them is actually stealing. I don't think hungry people stealing food is a crime; other people do. That's fine and their prerogative.

What i do know is i'm currently getting between 2 and 5 requests per week to bypass meters for people. I haven't done any. Mainly because they can't afford it 😚😙😉🙃
“Mainly because they can’t afford it.”

im pleased you put the imoji after as I would have thought you may have meant that.

Pleased you didn’t mean it As we both know breaking the law or even advocating the breaking of the law on this forum is definitely against the rules.

You may have noticed a lack of imojis after my comment as i am not joking And my coments are absolutely serious. There is no tongue in cheak Or nudge, nudge wink, wink.

Mainly because they can’t afford it.
im pleased you put the imoji after as I would have thought you meant that.

Pleased you didn’t As we both know breaking the law or even advocating the breaking of the law on this forum is definitely against the rules.

You may have noticed a lack of imojis after my comment as it was not a joke.
I did the emoji's so i didn't have to get a lecture off Dim for my joke. 😜

How much are the electricity supply companies using the MSM to condition the general public to the new norm of ridiculously high energy prices when it costs no more to get it out of the ground, the one part of the supply chain that is never mentioned are the city traders who must be getting bumper bonuses out of their oil and gas dealing in recent months

How much are the electricity supply companies using the MSM to condition the general public to the new norm of ridiculously high energy prices when it costs no more to get it out of the ground, the one part of the supply chain that is never mentioned are the city traders who must be getting bumper bonuses out of their oil and gas dealing in recent months
That’s a good point. It should be taken away from the trader/ stock market. also Food should never be a commodity to traders.

That’s a good point. It should be taken away from the trader/ stock market. also Food should never be a commodity to traders.
The futures markets are where the big problems exist these guys are buying gas, oil, diesel and petrol many months and in some cases years ahead there was a time when the price dropped that they had tankers full of oil and refined fuel at anchor until the price rose sufficiently for them to make their money

Reply to Fitting solar advice qualifications in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net