Discuss Fitting SPD as standard in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

TJC1

-
Reaction score
Evening all

Is anyone fitting surge as standard in domestic property’s?

We are based down in Dorset which has 3 different flash density’s!!

So I always base is on worse case with most of our stuff being in urban areas and always unable to confirm length of supply cable! My calc is usually;

Urban 850/(1x0.50) = 1700 No SPD
Rural 85/(1X0.50) = 170 SPD

Thoughts?

Hi - I don’t do that many domestic boards but I’ve been pricing SPD in now. I have recently fitted 3 Wylex flex S boards (NM1206FLEXS with 12 ways left after iso and SPD). These come prefitted with SPD and cabling and are nice :) .

Hi - I don’t do that many domestic boards but I’ve been pricing SPD in now. I have recently fitted 3 Wylex flex S boards (NM1206FLEXS with 12 ways left after iso and SPD). These come prefitted with SPD and cabling and are nice :) .
What's the difference in cost to a non factory fitted spd unit.

I've been fitting the Hager version with pre-wired SPD, good quality unit once you tidy up the wiring to the SPD and neutral bars! Customer requested dual RCD as it was the cheaper option but usually I would try and go for full rcbo.Fitting SPD as standard IMG_20190808_1556523 - EletriciansForums.net

Fitting SPD as standard IMG_20190808_1230338 - EletriciansForums.net

Those little ID stickers fit under the plastic flaps on the mcbs then you can put further info on the strip sticker.

Reply to Fitting SPD as standard in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock