Discuss flat roof mounting on domestic install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been 'given' a job (friend of friend) to install 6 panels on a flat roof at their property, i have not installed any flat mounting systems as of yet so wondering if anyone can recommend a good kit manufacturer?

Any advice appreciated.

Depends on a lot of factors really. Strong structure? Aesthetics an issue? Why 6 panels? Is space limited? Is it worth going for a lower pitched unit and getting more panels on? What is the roof covering?

If you can fix into the roof we have A frames (Schuco or our own BritSol) we can supply. You're welcome to stop by and have a look at the options in the warehouse if you would like a better idea. We also stock the Consoles as mentioned above.

Other alternatives include low ballast systems such as Console + or Sunmount, but you will pay more for these.

Here is the roof : IMG_1979.jpg

Felt covering, would only get 6 panels due to skylights IMG_1979.jpgIMG_1976.jpgbeing in the way!
Im thinking landscape would be a better idea? maybe fixing A-frame to rafters and having fixings water sealed again after.
Consols would be a much easier idea but unsure about the weight etc? There is no way to be able view the rafters beneath as there is no access to any of the ceiling from inside.

Any ideas?

1 clinton cottage sketch.jpg

Last edited:
What ever you do you will need structural calcs, so somehow you will have to expose the roof structure.
Not sure how you would do this, maybe drill some small holes and use a borescope?

I hope this helps.

yes ive resided to this fact. Im going to suggest cutting a hole inside in the ceiling, then making good again! at least i can get the dimensions of joists etc

thanks

Reply to flat roof mounting on domestic install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net